Student Handbook

Film and Video Copyrights

Films and videos showing on campus without permission of the copyright holder constitute potential infringement of U.S. copyright law. A copyright license is required for public performances of all named films and videos

Films and videos rented on a "home-rental" basis carry a warning notice limiting performance to only personal use (not a place open to the public). Performances in schools are considered "public performances" under the copyright law and subject to copyright control.

Questions concerning this legal obligation should be directed to the CaTS Help Desk at x4827.

Where to Get a License to Show a Movie:

Updated 8/2011