Common Walk-in Requests
- Questions/concerns that will take 15 minutes or fewer to resolve
- Request letter of accommodations for your professors (you can do this online now, through our AIM portal!)
- Questions about your current accommodation eligibility
- Guidance on self-advocacy (with professors, staff, peers, etc.)
- Releases of information
Students not registered with ODS
- Information on how to register for services
- Learn about services offered by ODS
- if you suspect you may have a disability, qualify for accommodations, or were referred to meet with an ODS staff member about registering
Do I Need an Appointment?
You can stop by ODS any time during business hours, without an appointment, for any of the following:
- pick up or drop off application/documentation materials
- pick up ODS forms:
- note taker forms
- releases of information
- tutoring waivers
- wheelchair lending forms
- schedule appointments with staff
- Technology Center: alternative format conversion questions, drop off receipts/books, pick up materials
- Test Proctoring: questions, sign up for exams, etc.
- If your question/concern is not on the lists above, please schedule an appointment with your counselor or the staff member who coordinates the specialty support services you’re requesting.
- Appointments with case managers and other ODS staff are scheduled for thirty minutes. Pre-service interviews, information sessions, and psychoeducational intake appointments are scheduled for one hour.
- You can always email your counselor or appropriate staff member your question and they will respond at their earliest convenience.
*Please note the posted walk-in hours are contingent upon the availability of ODS staff and apply only to the Fall and Spring semesters. In the case of inclement weather, it is best to contact ODS to inquire as to the availability of walk-in hours for that day.