The housing accommodation form should be submitted annually by the deadlines specified below to assure accommodation requests can be processed before the beginning of the academic year.
- To request housing accommodations:
- Download the Housing Accommodations Request Form (PDF)
- Complete the Student Section
- Have your healthcare professional complete the Medical Professional Section
- Return form to the Office of Disability Services (via mail, email, fax, or in person) by the Housing deadline for the year
Please contact the Office of Disability Services at (937) 775-5680 if you have any questions.
Deadlines for Academic Year 2016–17
- Returning Students: December 15, 2015
- New Incoming Students: July 1, 2016
For Housing purposes at Wright State: A Service Animal is an animal individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. These tasks include but are not limited to: guiding individuals with impaired vision; alerting individuals who are hearing impaired to intruders or sound; providing minimal protection or rescue work; pulling a wheelchair; or fetching dropped items.
Emotional Support Animals
For Housing purposes at Wright State: An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) is an animal selected to play an integral part of a person’s treatment process. The ESA must demonstrate a good temperament and reliable, predictable behavior. An ESA is not a Service Animal. Unlike a service animal, an ESA does not assist a person with a disability with activities of daily living, nor does it accompany a person with a disability at all times. An ESA is incorporated into a treatment process to assist in alleviating the symptoms of that individual’s disability. This treatment occurs within the person’s residence and therefore may be considered for access to university housing.