Read the DSA Spotlight to stay up-to-date on the latest Student Affairs news.
- Student Affairs Kick-Off Breakfast - Friday, August 19, 8:30 a.m., Apollo Room
On this page:
Purpose: The Staff Development Committee creates professional development opportunities and programs for Student Affairs staff.
Mission: The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee:
- encourages team building and collaboration throughout Student Affairs’ departments
- provides funding to support participation in professional development opportunities
- creates opportunities for educational, social, and recreational engagement
- welcomes and orientates new Student Affairs employees
- Student Affairs Ice Cream Social
- Brown Bag Lunch: "Effective Use of Social Media to Engage Students"
- Brown Bag Lunch: "Supporting Transgender Students"
- Student Affairs Basketball Outing
- Brown Bag Lunch: "First Amendment Panel Discussion"
- Student Affairs Thanksgiving Potluck
- Student Union Trick-or-Treat and Halloween Celebration for Wright State Students
- Careers in Student Affairs Presentation with Christopher Hogan
- Careers in Student Affairs Month Professional Headshots for SAHE Students & Student Affairs Graduate Assistants
- 1st Annual October Walk: 1-Mile Outdoor Walk led by Trish from Fitness and Wellness
- Dessert Wars: Student Affairs Dessert Contest
- Student Affairs Kick-Off Breakfast
- Brown Bag Lunch: “Working with Students on the Autism Spectrum” with Heather Rando & Dr. Erendira Lopez-Garcia
- Brown Bag Lunch: Q & A with Dr. Dan Abrahamowicz, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Student Affairs Basketball Outing
- Brown Bag Lunch: “Your Legal Liability” with Dr. Gary Dickstein
- Brown Bag Lunch: "Toward Defining a Curriculum in Student Affairs" Presentation on Student Affairs assessment with Dr. Dwayne Todd & Nicholas LaTorre
- Student Affairs Baseball Cookout
- Brown Bag: "Understanding Your Wellness Program" with Peggy Bloom
- Professional Development Funding Opportunity for Student Affairs Staff
- School Supply Drive during Annual Kick Off Breakfast helping local grandparents raising their grandchildren
- Food Drive During Annual School's Out Picnic and October Walk helping the WSU Friendship Food Pantry
The committee consists of one representative from each unit within the division. Representatives are appointed by each department Director. Representatives serve two year terms with half of the committee rotating off each year.
The current members are:
- Dr. Gary Dickstein (co-chair), Assistant Vice President, Student Affairs
- Twila Murray, (co-chair) Assistant to the Vice President, Student Affairs
- Stephanie Allen, Managing Attorney, Student Legal Services
- Cody Benedict, Graduate Assistant, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Lisa Eizenga, Community Director, Residence Life and Housing
- Jacquelynn Heath, Assistant to the Executive Director, Nutter Center
- Christopher Hogan, Assistant Director, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Debbie Lamp, Associate Director, Student Activities
- Nelda Mattison, Police Officer, University Police Department
- Jack Pence, Assistant Director, Student Activities
- Dan Perry, Evening and Weekend Manager, Student Union
- Diana Riggs, Communication and Development Coordinator, Disability Services
- Cynthia Schmid, Student Services Specialist, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Brenda Simpson, Administrative Specialist, Counseling and Wellness Services
The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee meets every other Thursday at 4:00 p.m. in 021 Student Union. Please contact Twila Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining.