Read the DSA Spotlight to stay up-to-date on the latest Student Affairs news.
- Brown Bag Lunch Talk: Generation Z Goes to College with Corey Seemiller, Ph.D. - Wednesday, October 12, noon, 163 Student Union, Discovery Room
On this page:
Purpose: The Staff Development Committee creates professional development opportunities and programs for Student Affairs staff.
Mission: The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee:
- Encourages team building and collaboration throughout Student Affairs’ departments
- Provides funding to support participation in professional development opportunities
- Creates opportunities for educational, social, and recreational engagement
- Welcomes and orientates new Student Affairs employees
The committee consists of one representative from each unit within the division. Representatives are appointed by each department Director. Representatives serve two year terms with half of the committee rotating off each year.
The current members are:
- Twila Murray, (chair) Assistant to the Vice President, Student Affairs
- Stephanie Allen, Managing Attorney, Student Legal Services
- Cody Benedict, Graduate Assistant, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Ciara Newsome, Community Director, Residence Life and Housing
- Cecilia Grugan, Graduate Assistant, Residence Life and Housing
- Jacquelynn Heath, Assistant to the Executive Director, Nutter Center
- Christopher Hogan, Assistant Director, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Debbie Lamp, Associate Director, Student Activities
- Nelda Mattison, Police Officer, University Police Department
- Jack Pence, Assistant Director, Student Activities
- Dan Perry, Evening and Weekend Manager, Student Union
- Diana Riggs, Communication and Development Coordinator, Disability Services
- Cynthia Schmid, Student Services Specialist, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Brenda Simpson, Administrative Specialist, Counseling and Wellness Services
The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee meets every other Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in 021 Student Union. Please contact Twila Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining.