Read the DSA Spotlight to stay up-to-date on the latest Student Affairs news.
- Student Union Trick-or-Treat for Students: Tuesday, October 31, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Fall Harvest Party: Tuesday, October 31, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. in the Multicultural Lounge, Millett Hall
On this page:
Purpose: The Staff Development Committee creates professional development opportunities and programs for Student Affairs staff.
Mission: The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee:
- Encourages team building and collaboration throughout Student Affairs’ departments
- Provides funding to support participation in professional development opportunities
- Creates opportunities for educational, social, and recreational engagement
- Welcomes and orientates new Student Affairs employees
The committee consists of one representative from each unit within the division. Representatives are appointed by each department Director. Representatives serve two year terms with half of the committee rotating off each year.
The current members are:
- Twila Murray, (chair) Program Coordinator, Student Affairs
- Stephanie Allen, J.D., Managing Attorney, Student Legal Services
- Lisa Burke, Account Clerk 2, Student Affairs
- Seth Gordon, Ph.D., Director, Veteran and Military Center
- Cecilia Grugan, Graduate Assistant, Residence Life and Housing
- Christopher Hogan, Assistant Director, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Mia Honaker, Administrative Support Coordinator, Latino, Asian, and Native American Affairs (LANA)
- Toshia Johnson, Community Director, Residence Life and Housing
- Debbie Lamp, Associate Director, Student Activities
- Nycia Lattimore, Assistant Director, Bolinga Black Cultural Resources Center
- Nelda Mattison, Police Officer, University Police Department
- Jessica Moss, Psy.D., Staff Therapist, Counseling and Wellness Services
- Ciara Newsome, Community Director, Residence Life and Housing
- Dan Perry, Evening and Weekend Manager, Student Union
- Cynthia Schmid, Student Services Specialist, Community Standards and Student Conduct
- Hannah Pigg, Independent Scholars Network Program Coordinator, Graduate Student
The Student Affairs Staff Development Committee meets every other Thursday at 3:00 p.m. in 021 Student Union. Please contact Twila Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining.