Semester Transition Advising
Semesters Advising Semesters Portal Page Banner
Writing Across the Curriculum
Goals of Writing Across the Curriculum
Wright State University’s Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) program has three goals:
- To help students grow as writers,
- To encourage students to use writing as a tool to discover and communicate ideas, and
- To introduce students to discipline-specific ways of writing.
Wright State students will be able to produce writing that
- Demonstrates their understanding of course content,
- Is appropriate for the audience and purpose of a particular writing task,
- Demonstrates the degree of mastery of disciplinary writing conventions appropriate to the course (including documentation conventions), and
- Shows competency in standard edited American English.
In addition to completing the writing requirement established in Element One (Communication) of the Wright State Core (the new General Education program), students must complete the following:
- At least two designated integrated writing (IW) courses within the other elements of the Wright State Core, and
- At least two designated IW courses in the major.
- Download Writing Across the Curriculum information for Transition Students (PDF)
- Download Integrated Writing Semester Course Descriptions (PDF)