Your academic advisor will help you through the transition.
  • If you begin your studies prior to Fall 2012 on the quarter calendar and do not graduate before Fall 2012, you WILL BE affected by the change and will be considered a "transition" student.
  • Transition students will be fully informed through the use of intensive advising and frequent notifications of how to complete their degrees. Work with your academic advisor and use the online Course Planning Guides to plan completion of your degree requirements.
  • Please keep in mind that any multiple-course sequence, such as math or science, started on a quarter calendar should be finished, whenever possible, before the transition to semesters.

Prepare Now

We recommend that you consult your advisor now to determine whether you can complete your degree requirements and graduate prior to the conversion to semesters. If you are not sure who to contact, visit the How to Find Your Advisor page.

How do I start?

Undergraduate transition students should meet with their advisor as soon as possible. In the meantime, students can learn more in the Undergraduate Advising section. They can also use the Undergraduate Student Checklist (PDF) to help them plan for the semester transition.

Graduate transition students should see their advisor or program director. In the meantime, students can visit the Graduate Advising page.

Find Your Advisor

How to Use this Site

This website, the Semester Transition Advising Page (TAP), contains a variety of information, materials, and tools all designed to assist these students make the transition as smooth and as easy as possible. We have moved many materials to this site to have everything easy to find and accessible from one common location.

Please take a few minutes to explore all of these features. Additional semester-related information, including the Wright State Pledge to Students, can be found in the Tools & Resources section of this site.

If you have any questions, please:

  1. Contact your academic advisor. If you need advisor contact information, please visit the How to Find Your Advisor page.
  2. If further questions remain, please contact the Semesters Communication Committee by completing an online form. Go to online form.

Wright State University is committed to assisting all transition students.