Team registration must be completed by May 10. Coaches will need to sign up using an email address and your assigned registration code.
During the registration process, coaches will have the opportunity to submit their team's official roster and sign up for housing. Coaches may purchase merchandise, as well tickets to the Barbeque and/or Banquet for their teams.
Please be advised that payment should not be made until all details have been confirmed. All sales are final once payment is completed. Additions to housing and merchandise may be made until April 30.
Individual Event Sign-ups
The Online Sign-up will open on Wednesday, May 8, at 9 p.m. EDT and close on Thursday, May 16 at 9 p.m. EDT. Usernames and passwords were emailed to the head coach of each team on Monday, May 6. If you did not receive your login information, contact CeAnn Chalker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please test your login information prior to May 8, at 9 p.m. EDT.
- Division B: http://sciolyeventsignup.com/nationals/b/login.php
- Division C: http://sciolyeventsignup.com/nationals/c/login.php
Time slots will be allotted on a first come/first served basis starting at the date and time listed above.
Once you have logged in, by default, you will be on the page with different events and time slots for which you can sign up. By clicking on “Get this time” in the time you want, you will have selected that time for this event and the slot will turn green and read “You have this slot.” If you decide to select another time for this event, you can click the “Get this time” button for another time and it will automatically drop your original slot and get you the new slot.
You can review the time slots that you have signed up for by clicking on the tab on the top that says “View Your Event Times.” On this page, if you decide you do not want to participate in an event, you can click the “Drop This Slot” button to drop your time for that event. You can also go back to select and/or change your times afterwards by click on “Select Event Times.”
Teams are not allowed to make schedule swaps with other teams and supervisors are not permitted to grant any time changes in the posted team schedule. The national tournament schedule is set with no exceptions allowed for individual team conflicts. Almost all the teams coming to the national tournament have conflicts to work around since the state schedule is rarely identical to the national schedule. Supervisors are encouraged to allow late students to enter if it does not disrupt the event, but no extra time will be granted. So, wherever possible, avoid scheduling a student in back-to-back events.
Homerooms are assigned for the benefit and ease of team preparations. They will be available starting at 6 a.m. Saturday morning and are not available on Friday night. Some rooms are spacious while others are rather small. We cannot accommodate room changes. Please note: If rooms are not left in the condition that they were entered, cleaning charges may be applied to the team assigned to the room. Please dispose of all garbage and return chairs to their original locations. Do not touch any computer equipment or projection systems in the room.
FormsAt registration the following forms are required:
- Media Release (PDF)—Coaches must turn in Media Releases for each of their students at registration. If a student does not have a media release it is the responsibility of the coach to advise that student to avoid any media cameras and interviews.
- Final Team Roster (PDF)—This form must include the names of all final official team members (up to 15 students and not including the alternates). It must be signed by both the head coach and the school principal.
- Emergency Medical Release—Coaches must show that they have Emergency Medical Releases (EMRs) in their possession for all the students traveling with the team. The EMRs will not be collected; coaches will retain them.
- Liability Waiver (PDF)—Coaches must turn in a copy of this form (signed by a parent/guardian) for each minor participant. The waivers will be collected at Registration A student may not participate if we do not have a Liability Waiver for them.
- Code of Conduct (PDF)—One form per team. The Code of Conduct must be read and signed by everyone attending with your team, including students, coaches, chaperones, and parents.
- Rock Climbing Waiver (PDF)—One for each student who wishes to participate. Must be signed by the student's parent or guardian.
Wright State University has wireless internet access, but we ask that you limit the use of the wireless on competition day. The event supervisors and volunteers need the wireless access for the tournament. On mobile devices use your 3G or 4G connections. If we do not have adequate access to the wireless network, there may be a delay in the start of Awards Ceremony.
Packages will be accepted beginning May 13, 2013, and should be shipped to:
Wright State University
ATTN: Jane Schelb
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Dayton, OH 45435
When you make your arrangements to ship items to the university, please make arrangements for pick up and return on Monday, May 20. You are responsible for packing up all materials that will be shipped and for return shipping. All items for return shipping must be taken to Room 114 Student Union between 3:30 and 6:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Parking and Transportation
There are plenty of places to park on campus. Students may be dropped of at any building. Cars may be parked in any lot. Buses should avoid gated lots and are asked to park at the perimeter of Lots 4 and 13.
Students should NOT attempt to walk to the Nutter Center from campus. Students may be dropped off at Gate 3 for all Nutter Center events. Wright State will provide a shuttle service from on-campus housing to the Nutter Center for these events as well (more details to come).
Wright State University is an open campus. We will have volunteers visible across the campus and in the buildings to help direct students. Do not hesitate to ask for directions. They are there to help everyone have a great day. Please advise your students to be aware of their surroundings. Wright State is a safe campus, but students can easily get lost.