The purpose of the Welcome Club is to aid visiting international faculty and scholars adjust to the challenges faced while living and working in a different culture. We hope to make their adjustment to your new surroundings a little easier and more enjoyable.
Many of our members have taught, lived or conducted research in foreign countries for extended periods of time. Our effort is to help these scholars enjoy living and adapting to their new environment. We offer a reception for all international visiting faculty and scholars early in their stay. We enjoy having the visitors visit one or more of our member’s homes for a meal or some special occasion. In the past, our members have invited visitors to local theatre, musical, operatic, ballet or sporting events.
Activities Offered To Visitors and Their Families
- A tour of Dayton and surrounding areas
- Introduction to grocery shopping in America
- Help in furnishing living quarters with needed items
- Help to shop for needed items.
- Informing about the area’s cultural opportunities
- Informing about the area’s sporting activities
- Accompanying& to various local tourist attractions
- Informing about American holidays and celebrations
- Help in learning about our religions institutions
- Help with any individual needs or desires
For more information, please contact:
Wright State University Retirees Association Office