The University Center for International Education [UCIE] has established a Host Family program. The purpose is to foster friendship, cultural exchange, and hospitality between international students/scholars and American families by encouraging the sharing of meals, holidays, and other activities.
Retiree board member, Dr. Ruth Schumacher, is the liaison with UCIE. She invites retirees to participate, for the reasons enumerated below. To participate, you must register before April 13. Please contact Ruth at email@example.com or 937 672 3368.
What’s in it for you?
- Have a global experience in your own home.
- Experience cross cultural relationships.
- Develop multicultural competence.
- Foster friendship, cultural exchange, and hospitality.
- Get connected to the local community.
- Get connected to the international community.
- Encourage language skills.