Wright State Alumni College: September 30th & October 1st
We believe that the pursuit of knowledge is a lifelong quest, and Alumni College is a rich opportunity to enjoy that learning experience again and to sample the recent research and academic courses of Wright State's distinguished faculty.
When you're not in class, Alumni College offers a chance to mingle with your fellow "classmates" who make up a broad spectrum of Wright State alumni, faculty, and staff from various class years, majors, and regions. Participants experience today's state-of-the-art classrooms and facilities.
$65/person–Both Saturday & Sunday
(Saturday: 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.; and Sunday: 8:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m.)
The sessions include:
- The Science (and Pseudoscience) of Forensic DNA Profiling - Dan Krane, Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences and renowned DNA expert
- This Show is NOT Chemical Free: And other reasons why we need to set our classrooms on fire - Kirby A. Underwood, Chemistry Lab Manager, Chemistry Department
- The Downside of Being Elected President of the United States - Jim Sayer, retired Chair of the Department of Communication and Lake Campus Dean
- NAFTA and US Employment - Mingming Pan, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Economics
- Wright State History Through the Eyes of the Guardian - Jeffrey Alan John, Professor Emeritus, Department of Communication
- Build it and They Will Come: The History of Wright State University - Chris Wydman, University Archivist and Records Manager, Department of Special Collections and Archives
This event takes place over Homecoming weekend. There are educational and fun opportunities on Friday as well including a Trivia Night in the Apollo Room and Pub Science in the Rathskeller. Visit the Homecoming website to learn more about activities happening Friday and Saturday evenings.
Saturday will include various topics from Economics, Politics, Chemistry & Explosions, and DNA.
Sunday will be completely focused on Wright State history in honor of the University's 50th anniversary. We will have founding faculty, archives, and the Guardian student newspaper (which pre-dates the university).
RSVP deadline is September 24th.