Cutting $25 million from the 2017-2018 budget will be painful.
Decisions may be made by May 19 Board meeting.
The next public Board meetinng will be 8:30 am, Friday, 28, in the Nutter Center's Berry Room.
Layoffs pf 80 to 120 people could save between $6 and $8 million.
Other savings may be found in
- $5m - not filling 30 to 50 empty positions
- $10M - reducing daily operations
- $6M - voluntary retirement program
- $2M - attrition
- $1M elimination of grduate research waivers
- $4M - give back by Lake Campus & Boonshoft SOM.