Policies, Procedures, and Forms
WSU IRB News and Updates
- Investigator CVs must now be uploaded into InfoED profiles rather than the previous paper process. See related guidance and instructions here. IRB Office wil be screening submissions for this requirement and may delay approvals if not completed.
- Reminder that Annual Significant Financial Interest (SFI) forms (different than Project Specific Disclosure (PSD) form) must be completed for all faculty, staff and students involved in human subject research unless covered by an exception described in guidance below under “Researcher Education and Training.” IRB Office will be screening submissions for this requirement and may delay approvals if not completed.
- HSR CITI TRAINING REQUIREMENTS CHANGED THIS SUMMER. See link to instructions under “Research Education and Training”. IRB Office will be screening submissions for this requirement and may delay approvals if not completed.
- Starting December 1st, an IRB submission will not be reviewed if all investigators listed on study do not have required training in CITI completed. THE CITI TRAINING REQUIREMENTS HAVE CHANGED. See link to instructions under “Research Education and Training”.
- Three new policies were implemented in August: Vulnerable Populations, Noncompliance, and Mandatory Reporting. Please review the new requirements.
- Remember to complete version 2.0 of Project Specific Disclosure form for new studies and at the time of continuing review for ongoing studies to avoid having to submit for subsequent renewals. It is important to note that all investigators (except students) must also have a current InfoEd SFI form (filed annually) in place or a certification from VA or Premier.
Researcher Education and Training
Human Subject Research Submission and Review
Research HIPAA/Protected Health Information (PHI)
Reportable Events, Non-Compliance and Reporting
Research Involving Investigational Drugs
Research Involving Devices
Emergency Use - Drugs, Devices, Biologics
Please review Emergency Use requirements on page 6 of P21 Research Involving Medical Devices linked above.
Reliance on an External IRBs