The Research Council’s mission is to stimulate scholarly research activities throughout the University.
The Research Council identifies needs of the faculty, analyzes research services, and recommends policies and procedures to the Vice President of Research and Graduate Studies. The Research Council shall evaluate and recommend priorities for internal funds to stimulate innovative research efforts.
The membership of the Research Council will consist of the dean or designee and one faculty member from each college or school. The Vice president for Research and Graduate Studies will serve as the chair of the Research Council. The faculty service on the Research Council will be selected by the Faculty Senate Executive Committee for two-year staggered terms. The Research Council shall report to the Faculty Senate once per semester.
Research Council typically meets on the first Thursday of the month beginning in September and ending in June. The official meeting schedule is posted on the Research Council Office 365 Sites/SharePoint which is accessible by members only.
Research Council Office 365 Sites/SharePoint
Access to the Research Council Office 365 Sites/SharePoint is limited to members only. Members may log in to Office 365 Sites/SharePoint by following these steps:
- Log in to your Office 365 Outlook Web App account, either by clicking on the Email/Calendar button in WINGS, or by visiting http://outlook.wright.edu.
- Once logged in, click on the "Sites/SharePoint" button.
- You are now logged in to Office 365 Sites/SharePoint.
- Click on "Browse Existing Sites"
- In the "Look for something" section, type Research Council.
- Click on the Research Council Site listing. This will take you to the Research Council Office 365 Sites/SharePoint Home page.