Before You Apply for Aid
Apply for admission to Wright State University.
When you apply for admission, you will be assigned access to WINGS and WINGS Express. In WINGS, you can access your Wright State University email account and WINGS Express. WINGS Express allows you to access your personal student record online at any time. This includes your financial aid records, like your Award Notice.
Apply for Aid
- File your FAFSA and list Wright State University (003078) as a school of choice.
- Tip: File your FAFSA early to be considered for the most financial aid. Wright State's priority filing deadline for the FAFSA is December 1 (prior to the start of the academic year).
- Transfer students who have already filed their FAFSA for the aid year but did not list Wright State University as a school of choice should add Wright State University to their FAFSA. Wright State's school code is 003078. Transfer students should also cancel any pending financial aid in process at their previous school. The aid will not transfer. Instead, you must apply for aid anew at Wright State University.
- For additional information regarding how to submit a FAFSA, visit our File Your FAFSA page.
- Apply for Wright State University scholarships.
Manage Your Aid
- Regularly check your Wright State University email.
- Complete any outstanding requirements listed in WINGS Express.
- For step-by-step instructions on how to view your financial aid and scholarship requirements in WINGS Express, visit the WINGS Express Support Page.
- Accept your financial aid awards on your Award Notice in WINGS Express.
- If you accept a student loan, see our Getting a Loan page for the additional steps needed to secure your loan.
- Students cannot accept a Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan (PLUS Loan). Parents who wish to apply for a PLUS Loan can visit our Parent Loans page for more information on how the parent can apply.
- Sign up for direct deposit to receive your financial aid refund electronically.
- Visit our Important Dates page for information regarding the processing schedule for new FAFSA's and disbursment dates for each semester.