Wright State University offers several scholarship opportunities to graduate students, including:
- Graduate assistantships
- Tuition scholarships
Often these awards require the student to serve in an employment-like capacity for the awarding department or college in order to be eligible and maintain eligibility.
Terms and conditions for graduate assistantships, tuition scholarships, fellowships and stipends can be obtained from the Graduate School's Policies and Procedures Manual.
Graduate students are encouraged to contact the chair of their program of study for information about graduate assistantships, scholarships, fellowships and stipends.
Competitive Scholarship Program
Graduate students can submit ONE online scholarship application to apply for multiple donor-based scholarships funded through the Wright State University Foundation and the University. The application will automatically match students with any scholarships for which they are eligible. Final awards will be determined by various scholarship committees.
For more details on possible scholarship opportunities, use the scholarship search to see what you may qualify for. The 2020-2021 Wright State University Online Scholarship Application deadline is February 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). (Deadline has passed)
How to Apply
Wright State students can access the online scholarship application via WINGS Express.
- Log into wings.wright.edu with your campus username (w#) and password.
- Click the WINGS Express icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select the Student and Financial Aid link.
- Select the Financial Aid and Scholarships link.
- Select the Online Scholarship Application link.
The 2020-2021 Wright State University Online Scholarship Application deadline is February 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). (Deadline has passed)
Once you have submitted your application you will NOT be able to access it to make changes. However, if you list a reference prior to submitting the application, you will be able to monitor the return of your Recommendation Form and make changes to your reference after the application has been submitted. You will log back into your scholarship application via WINGS Express. Once in your application, click on the “blue button” titled Recommendations.
- Make a list of all of your extra-curricular activities, volunteer experience, community service, memberships, awards, honors, etc. etc. Only include information relevant during your post-secondary studies. Include contributions made to the Wright State University Campus Community.
- In order to go back and update the recommendation section you must at least one reference prior to submitting the application. Choose a previous or current faculty member who can provide information about your unique qualities and/or exceptional academic abilities. Contact your intended reference prior to listing him/her. Be sure to collect their email address since they will receive a request by email to complete your online recommendation form from email@example.com not from a Wright State University email address.
- An essay is needed for all scholarships. Your essay will set you apart from the other applicants. Take your time, edit, review and edit again! Write your essay in Word, then copy and paste into the application. The essay should: explain your educational goals, professional goals, career aspirations, commitment to community service, and also tell us how a scholarship award will make a difference in your personal and financial circumstances. Recommendation forms for this application are due by 11:59 p.m., Saturday, February 15, 2020 Eastern Standard Time (EST)
- Complete your 2020-2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1, 2019. Your completed FAFSA should be filed by February 1st to be considered for need-based scholarships.
- If you need help with writing your essay you can use the Wright State University Writing Center.
Scholarship award decisions begin in the spring and continue throughout the summer. If a scholarship has been posted to a student’s award notice, the student will receive the general Financial Aid Award notification email via their Wright State University email account. The Award Notice is available in WINGS Express.