Right Here. Wright State. This Fall.

COVID-19 information and resources. Visit our Coronavirus website.

Student Health Insurance

RaiderConnect staff are working remotely until further notice. Please call 937-775-4000 to speak with an enrollment services advisor or email raiderconnect@wright.edu. We are happy to schedule phone or video appointments via our email address at this time. Scanned or photographed documents can be emailed to raiderconnect@wright.edu.

Domestic Students

Wright State University assesses the student health insurance premium for domestic students on a per term basis. The premium is added to your current account balance if you are registered for at least six (6) credit hours unless you have declined coverage. If you wish to decline coverage, go to Wings Express, select Student and Financial Aid, Registration and Required Acknowledgement.  Please select “No” if you want to decline coverage. The default answer is “Yes”. 

Student health insurance must be declined each semester by the second Friday of the term, or the student will be responsible for payment even if they have other coverage. If you determine you will need insurance after you have declined, return to the Required Acknowledgement page and indicate you want to purchase coverage by the second Friday of the term.

For more information regarding Student Health Insurance, please visit Student Health Services.

International Students

Wright State University’s policy requires all international students and their spouse/dependents to purchase the University Student Health Insurance Plan which includes a fee to provide gap coverage for the 30 days prior to the first term of enrollment. The gap fee is a mandatory fee for all new students, spouses and dependents.

Students with F or J visas are required by University policy to maintain health insurance coverage during their studies. In addition, students are required to have coverage for their spouse and dependents unless a waiver is approved by the UCIE office. Waivers will be approved only for students who have U.S. based insurance coverage through the employer of a spouse/ parent or coverage through their sponsoring agency. 

Summer term health insurance is charged in Spring term.

Any questions regarding International Student Insurance should be directed to the University Center for International Education (UCIE), (937) 775-5745 or visit the UCIE website.