If notified of a tornado warning:
- Proceed immediately to the nearest tornado shelter. Tornado shelter signs are posted in buildings or visit Emergency Management Tornado Safety to view or download maps.
- If your building has no basement or connection to the tunnel system, go to lowest level and seek shelter in a hallway or restroom near the center of the building and without windows.
- Use elevators if you have a disability or are helping a person with a disability.
- Stay away from windows, glass, stairwells, and unsecured objects.
- Unless an emergency situation exists, DO NOT call 911 or University Police.
- Remain in shelter until the “All Clear” message is given.
- If outdoors, lie in low-lying ditch, culvert or at low land levels. Protect your face and head.