A person who purchases a parking permit and subsequently determines that he/she does not require the permit may return the permit and request a refund at the Department of Parking and Transportation. Permit fees will be refunded according to the following schedule:
- One semester permits prior to the beginning of the semester, 100 percent; during the first two weeks of the semester, 70 percent. Refunds will not be granted after the first two weeks of the semester.
- An annual or multi-semester permit will be refunded on a prorated basis.
- Faculty and Staff that choose the option of payroll deduction:
- Payroll will be notified when you return your permit. Payroll will stop deductions beginning the first pay period following notification.
- Failure to return the permit will result in the balance of the permit being taken out of your final paycheck.
Refunds will not be granted for temporary or replacement permits.
Refunds will not be granted for semester breaks; refunds will not be granted for annual student permits after summer quarter B term and annual faculty/staff permits after fall semester.
A reserved (A) parking permit holder who requests a refund will relinquish the right to repurchase the reserved permit.
Any outstanding fines or fees will be deducted from the refund amount.