The Parents Association was established in 1990-1991
to meet the
needs of parents and students.
To establish a collaborative relationship between Wright State University and the parents of
Wright State University students to promote student success
- To enhance communication between the University and the parents of Wright State University students
- To provide advocacy for Wright State University students and parents
- To provide a means whereby the parents of Wright State University students can offer continuous support to each other
- To ensure open, person-to-person channels of communication between parents and the University in order to provide parents with access to reliable information about university policies and procedures, university and community happenings, concerns, or other aspects of college life that may affect their students
- To enable parents to participate in the life of the University by sharing their expertise and personal and professional associations with other parents, students, and University Administrators. This sharing can take place through volunteer opportunities such as participation in the Parents' Association Advisory Council; serving as a regional point of contact for other parents and students; attending regional alumni-parent events; collaborating with the appropriate University officials in identifying job placement and summer internship opportunities; and identifying and encouraging promising students to consider enrolling in Wright State University
- To ensure that parents have ample opportunities to express their concerns to the University administration
- To provide the parents of Wright State University students with opportunities to meet, become acquainted, and to discuss topics of mutual interest and concern regarding student life, student involvement, and student success at Wright State and in their home areas
- To collaborate with members of the Wright State University Community to ensure student success
Benefits of Membership
- Networking opportunities with other Wright State University parents and information sharing!
- Opportunities to meet and talk with Wright State University staff and administrators!
- 2015-2016 Memberships will receive a 20% discount at the WSU Campus Bookstore now through 7/31/16 on WSU clothing, supplies, backpacks, greeting cards, WSU gifts (mugs, lanyards, decals, etc.), general reading books and bargain books (non-textbooks).
- Continuing scholarship opportunities for your student
- Involvement in University activities and events!
- Co-sponsor of Wright State University Libraries "Top Scholar" Program and an opportunity to participate in the award ceremony.
- Opportunities to meet parents and share experiences.
- Opportunities to participate in Wright from the Start, Parents' Weekend, Move-In and New Student Orientation!
To join the Parents Association for the 2015-2016 academic year, please
complete the online registration form . All registrations and payments must be processed online. The membership term is from August 1st to July 31st of each year. If you join the Parents' Association during summer orientation, you will be able to use your membership card for the remainder of the 2014-2015 academic year as well as during the entire 2015-2016 academic year.
Parents Association Advisory Council
The Parents Association Advisory Council is the coordinating and governing body of the Parents Association. This group is open to any parent who is a member of the Parents Association. The PAAC functions as a steering committee, meeting several times a year to assist in planning programs and services for the families of Wright State students.
The PAAC represents the entire parent population: local parents, parents who live distances from the university, parents of commuter students, and parents of residential students. The PAAC ensures the needs, interest, and concerns of all parents addressed.
If you are interested in serving or receiving additional information on the Parents Association Advisory Council, please indicate on the appropriate section of the online application form.
Director, Student Support Services
(937) 775-5742 (Office)
(937) 775-3742 (Fax)
Administrative Specialist, Student Support Services
(937) 775-3749 (Office)
(937) 775-3742 (Fax)