Wright State email and First Year tab
A CaTS campus account is issued to all university faculty, staff, and students. The campus account (which begins with a “w”) is used to access WINGS, Pilot, lab computers, and the wireless network. You are responsible for any improper or illegal activity that occurs on your account. These activities include, but are not limited to, harassment of others through electronic communication and use of university resources for business purposes. Therefore, you should not share your password with anyone for any reason. Misuse of resources can result in the loss of account privileges and charges filed with the appropriate university offices. A printed copy of your campus account information is delivered to your home address after you apply to the university. A copy can also be obtained at the Help Desk in 025 Library Annex.
Please test your account login information before attending Orientation.
Always remember that your campus username begins with the letter “w”. If the username you are looking at begins with the letter “U” that is your University ID (see below).
University ID (UID)
Your 9-digit University Identification Number (UID) is assigned to you when you apply as a student or become affiliated with Wright State University. Your UID never changes and is never re-used. The UID, along with your PIN, is used to access services within the WINGS Express system. Always remember that your UID begins with the letter “U”. If the username you are looking at begins with the letter “w” that is your campus account username (see above).
RaiderMail (WSU Email)
RaiderMail is WSU’s email service, and it has its own username and password that is different than your campus “w” username or UID. You can access your email without knowing your password by logging in to WINGS and clicking on the Email/Calendar button. If you want to access your email on a smartphone, tablet, or desktop computer, you will need to know your username and password. The username is your email address. The password is set for you automatically and you will need to change it to know what it is. Please visit the following website for instructions on how to change your password.
https://support.wright.edu/raidermail/ - Click on the “Passwords” link on the left
Important Information for Parents: Due to FERPA federal regulations, CaTS is unable to assist parents or legal guardians with logging in to or resetting the password of a student's account. If there is a problem with the account, the student will need to call or stop by the CaTS Help Desk for further assistance.
WINGS is an electronic portal used by the Wright State community to access various systems, services, and information from one location. This secure site provides you with a customizable layout enabling you to add content that matters to you. Log in using your CAMPUS Account to access your email, personal calendar, announcements, course software, and WINGS Express.
First Year Tab
While you are on WINGS, be sure to check out the First Year tab, which will be a great source for information that you will need during your first year of college.
Features on the First Year tab:
- First Year Message Board: Trying to keep track of stuff you need to get done throughout the school year? This is where you will find those things you need to do. For example, register for Orientation, complete your Math placement test, a reminder to register for spring classes, etc.
- Social Media: Looking to know what's going on at Wright State before you arrive on campus in the fall? Or, maybe you want to connect with other students in your major? This section will connect you with the Orientation Facebook page where you can follow the latest Orientation news and catch up with other new students. Or, take a look at a number of videos related to going to college at Wright State. See why many of our current students chose to become Raiders.
- First Year Focus: This channel is where you will find info on Learning Communities, Orientation agendas, First Weekend schedule of events, Welcome Week schedule of events, and more.
- University College: Want to learn more about University College's role in your life here on campus? This is where to look. You'll also find an opportunity to connect with your academic advisor, review majors and minors, visit University Honors, and more.
- Student Life: Can't wait to join a club or organization? Maybe your thing is to lead our spirit unit? Or, maybe you are looking to find out what event is going on in the Student Union? This channel will offer you a list of opportunities to join in the fun. Get involved!
WINGS Express is a personal, self-service site located within WINGS that contains student services such as class registration, financial aid and scholarship information, grades, and much more. To access WINGS Express, log in to WINGS (http://wings.wright.edu) and click on the WINGS Express icon in the top right corner.
WINGS Resource Center
The WINGS Resource Center provides additional training, documentation, and videos to guide in the use of university computing resources. Students can learn how to register for classes, waive their health insurance, and more.
Computing and Telecommunications Services (CaTS)
Whenever you start something new (let's say college), it's always smart to be prepared. This is especially true for technology. That's where CaTS can help.
CaTS provides service and support for:
- Wired and wireless internet access
- Campus networking
- University telephones and voicemail
- Computer labs (many open 24 hours)
- Cable television
- Online services such as WINGS and WINGS Express
To learn more about CaTS and get specific information on the services offered, check out the CaTS Technology Orientation website. If you would like to talk to someone about campus technology, you can reach CaTS by phone, email, or in person using the information below.