Wright State email and First Year tab
CAMPUS Account and University Identification Number (UID)
Enclosed in your Wright State University acceptance information, you received an account name and password for your CAMPUS Account*. This provides access to Wright State email, internet, personal and class disk space on network file servers, and other computing resources. Please test your account login information before attending Orientation.
Your nine-digit University Identification Number (UID) is assigned to you when you apply as a student or become affiliated with Wright State University. Your UID never changes and is never re-used. It is used instead of your Social Security number as a permanent, unique ID number identifying you as a member of the university community. The UID, along with your PIN, is used to access the WINGS Express system, which provides you with access to your grades, financial aid information and more.
If you have misplaced your CAMPUS Account information or need assistance logging in to your account, please call the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827.
WINGS, First Year tab, and WINGS Express
WINGS is an electronic portal used by the Wright State community to access various systems, services, and information from one location. This secure site provides you with a customizable layout enabling you to add content that matters to you. Log in using your CAMPUS Account to access your email, personal calendar, announcements, course software, and WINGS Express.
While you are on WINGS, be sure to check out the First Year tab, which will be a great source for information that you will need during your first year of college.
Features on the First Year tab:
- First Year Message Board: Trying to keep track of stuff you need to get done throughout the school year? This is where you will find those things you need to do. For example, register for Orientation, complete your Math placement test, a reminder to register for spring classes, etc.
- Social Media: Looking to know what's going on at Wright State before you arrive on campus in the fall? Or, maybe you want to connect with other students in your major? This section will connect you with the Orientation Facebook page where you can follow the latest Orientation news and catch up with other new students. Or, take a look at a number of videos related to going to college at Wright State. See why many of our current students chose to become Raiders.
- First Year Focus: This channel is where you will find info on Learning Communities, Orientation agendas, First Weekend schedule of events, Welcome Week schedule of events, and more.
- University College: Want to learn more about University College's role in your life here on campus? This is where to look. You'll also find an opportunity to connect with your academic advisor, review majors and minors, visit University Honors, and more.
- Student Life: Can't wait to join a club or organization? Maybe your thing is to lead our spirit unit? Or, maybe you are looking to find out what event is going on in the Student Union? This channel will offer you a list of opportunities to join in the fun. Get involved!
WINGS Express is a personal, self-service site within WINGS for student services like registration, checking grades, financial aid, and scholarship awards. To access WINGS Express, click the icon on the application bar in the upper-right corner of your WINGS session window. Use your UID and PIN to log into the secure areas of WINGS Express.
WINGS Resource Center
Need help or support using WINGS or WINGS Express? View FAQs and short videos on how to register for classes, check your grades, and review your financial aid at the WINGS Resource Center (WRC). Get the information you need quickly!
Computing and Telecommunications Services (CaTS)
Whenever you start something new (let's say college), it's always smart to be prepared. This is especially true for technology. That's where CaTS can help.
CaTS provides service and support for:
- Wired and wireless internet access
- Campus networking
- University telephones and voicemail
- Computer labs (many open 24 hours)
- Cable television
- Online services such as WINGS and WINGS Express
To learn more about CaTS and get specific information on the services offered, check out the CaTS New Student Orientation website. If you would like to talk to a real person instead of browsing the web, you can reach CaTS by phone, email, in person, or through online chat by visiting the CaTS site and clicking on the chat button. See additional contact information below.
*Account owners are responsible for any improper or illegal activity that occurs on their account. These activities include, but are not limited to, harassment of others through electronic communication and use of university resources for business purposes. Therefore, account owners should not share their password with anyone for any reason. Misuse of resources can result in the loss of the account privileges and charges filed with the appropriate university offices.