The video shortcode allows you to easily add videos from YouTube on your page. CM can upload your videos to our official YouTube channel for integration so you can get the benefits of our social channel. The code to add the video is then fairly simple. A good example of videos embedded in a page, is the Transfer website.[video] attributes:
- url: required; URL of the video to embed. The following providers are supported:
- YouTube: youtube.com/watch?v=... and youtu.be/... short URLs are both supported
- YouTube playlists: URL should be something like youtube.com/playlist?list=...
- Vimeo: Follows format vimeo.com/123456789
- Telvue (CaTS streaming on-demand): Within the video player, click "Share," then copy "Video link"
- Common gotcha: The URL should not be hyperlinked. If it is, click the URL, then right-click and choose 'Unlink.'
- caption: optional; text to display beneath the video. Basic inline HTML elements should work here as well.
- size: optional, defaults to normal; options are smaller, normal, larger
- These values do not correspond to exact pixel widths; rather, 'normal' is set to a width that best fits the context the video is in (e.g., page body, floated around text, in a sidebar, in a grid). 'Smaller' and 'larger' will make the video slightly smaller or larger (by roughly 10-20%), but only if it can be done without overflowing the container.
- Legacy options: Options small, large, and sidebar are no longer available, and will be treated as 'normal.' You can safely remove the size attribute if it's one of these values. The 'medium' legacy option acts though you set "size=normal align=left" for backward compatibility. If you see this option, you can safely remove the size attribute and add align=left in its place.
- align: optional, defaults to center; options are left, center, right
- 'Left' and 'right' are generally only needed if you would like body copy to wrap around a video, and is generally discouraged for sidebars and videos in grids.
- Legacy behavior: Videos by default formerly behaved as though align was set to 'left.' This allowed for videos to be aligned in a sort of quasi-grid without any other action. This is now discouraged, and each video should be a separate [gridblock] within a responsive grid.
- The following attributes are no longer available: link, link-text
Below is an example of the code used to add a video to your page.
[video url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_PRyFCdjBA caption="Why Choose Wright State?"]
[video url=https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbeMT23Eo_ZTod5udcOhCiM48BDRIbA8y caption="Playlist Example"]
[video url=http://vp.telvue.com/preview?id=T00907&video=167324 align=right caption="Wright State streaming on demand!"]