The Photo shortcode allows you to easily add Flickr photo albums to a page while also providing a consistant overlay feature to view the full image. The ArtsGala photo/video page has many examples of the photo sets embedded in it. If you would like to use photo albums on your site and do not have an existing Flickr account, please contact the Office of Marketing and we can set up an account for you. If your department has an existing account you may certainly use it, but if whomever manages your Flickr account leaves the university, it may be impossible to manage that existing profile.
The primary method is to put the photos into a Flickr album and then use the set id similar to the following tag. The ID is the ID of the album you want to display and the count is how many will display on this page. If you do not include the count attribute, all images in that set will show. Once in the overlay you can see all of the photos in that album, even if the count only shows a few.
The Flickr album (set) ID can be found in the URL string in Flickr:
- id: required; the ID of the album/set as mentioned above
- type: optional, defaults to "group"; choices are "set" or "group"
- randomize: optional; choices are "yes" or "no"
- count: optional; positive integer specifying the number of photos to show. If not provided, all matching photos are shown.
- thumbnails-only: optional; choices are "true" or "false"
- thumbnail-captions: optional; choices are "yes" or "no"
- hide-date: optional; choices are "yes" or "no"
- overlay-captions: optional; choices are "yes" or "no"
- recent-only: optional; choices are "yes" or "no". Shows only photos uploaded during the same week as the most recent photo (using the ISO 8601 understanding of weeks). Used with the homepage Week in Photos, for example.
- tags: optional
- viewmore: optional; if set to "flickr", the "view more photos" link will go to Flickr instead of trying to use the overlay
[photos type=set id=72157632180315200 count=6]
If you want to add photo titles and descriptions from Flickr (have to be added in Flickr first) and have them show, add this code after the count (or set id# if you don't have a count specified):
thumbnail-captions=yes hide-date=yes overlay-captions=yes