Participant Information Forms
Members of lesson study teams complete a participant information form and documents that enable payment of a stipend for up to 25 hours of meetings held during after-school hours.
- Teachers consider their curriculum and students then work together to select a topic for their lesson study. Topic Selection Protocol (PDF)
- When an early draft of the lesson plan is ready, the team carefully reconsiders the ideas with a protocol as a guide for productive discussion. Work in Progress in Lesson Study Protocol (PDF)
- The teacher team prepares a detailed lesson plan using the template provided and copies of the completed lesson plan, seating chart, and pre- and post-test are distributed to observers. Lesson Plan Form (PDF)
- Protocols are helpful for organizing a discussion that helps us to think deeply about teaching and to create an environment that is safe and professional. Pre/Post Lesson Study Protocols (PDF)
Earning Graduate Course Credits
You can earn graduate credits at Wright State University for the lesson study professional development work that you conduct. We offer up to 4 semester credit hours during the academic year and 1 semester credit hour for summer.
Interested teachers should:
- Communicate your desire to be enrolled for graduate credit to Dr. Farrell or Dr. Tosa before the term begins.
- View the course syllabus. Guidelines for Graduate Credit (4 semester credit hours) (PDF) | Guidelines for Graduate Credit (1 semester credit hour) (PDF)
- Be admitted as a graduate student at Wright State University. Special Graduate Application and Registration Form (PDF)
- Submit the graduate course enrollment form and the current discounted tuition. Course Enrollment Form (PDF)
- Attend the PD meetings. Submit the required summary paper and responses to surveys by the due date at the end of term. Summary Paper for each Lesson Study Cycle (PDF)
Questions about Graduate School at Wright State University? Visit the Graduate School website.