Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the admissions requirements?
Please see the How To Apply Section
2. Is the MBA Program accredited?
Yes, Wright State University was one of the first AACSB International accredited MBA programs in the Dayton area. This Association of Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business is premier accrediting agency for bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in business administration and accounting.
3. Why should I seek an MBA?
Our MBA program teaches the skills that may provide you the competitive edge when businesses are considering the following:
- Salary increase
4. What if my bachelor’s degree is not in Business & Administration?
Prerequisites are built into the program, preparing non-business majors for more advanced graduate coursework.
5. Can I still work and attend classes?
Classes meet every other weekend on Friday evenings (4-9:30 p.m.) and Saturday mornings (8 a.m.-1:30 p.m.) allowing for flexibility with most working schedules.
6. Will I have to travel to the Dayton campus to take any of the required classes?
All degree reqirements for the Management, Innovation and Change are offered at the Lake Campus. If you choose a different concentration it will be required for you to take classes at the Dayton Campus.
7. Am I required to take all of the prerequisite classes if I have a business background?
Prerequisites may be waived if your previous coursework meets the requirements determined by Graduate Admissions.
8. What are the benefits of a cohort model?
Cohorts allow for close interaction between students and faculty and:
- Provide networking opportunities between students and business professionals
- Allow for insight from other student's work and life experiences
- Provide a link between business and technology
- Develop business relationships with fellow classmates
9. What is the current cost for classes?
Fees listed are current as of Winter Quarter 2009. For the most current fee information, contact the Lake Campus registrar at 1-800-237-1477 or 419/586-0324.
*Please check with your employer about re-imbursement programs.
|Lab Fee per Class
|Fee per Credit Hour for 500, 600, 700 level courses
|Late Registration Fee
$100 begining day 1 through 14th day of term.
$100 per credit hour after 14th day of term.
10. Do you have an overview of the program?
11. Can you provide me information about the foundation courses?
MBA Foundation courses are now available online. Completion of the GMAT is encouraged but not required before registering for these classes. Once the university accepts your application you may register for the following classes. Please speak with your advisor prior to registration.
Summer 'A' (May 6 - June 9)
MBA 5300 (CRN# 41576) - Survey of Finance
MBA 5800 (CRN# 41578) - Applied Statistics in Business
MBA 5400 (CRN# 41577) - Survey of Business Law
Summer 'B' (June 17 - July 21)
MBA 5100 (CRN# 41574) - Survey of Financial and Managerial Accounting
MBA 5200 (CRN# 41575) - Survey of Economics for MBAs