Graduate conditional admission is possible for selected programs (see below) for applicants who have not met the English requirement but whose academic background is considered acceptable by the receiving department.
Conditional admission means that the applicant’s admission to an academic program is “conditional” until the applicant satisfies the English proficiency requirement and any other standardized test required for the selected program.
To be eligible for conditional admission, an applicant must:
- Be academically admissible by department/program standards
- Enroll in Wright State’s Learning English for Academic Purposes (LEAP) intensive English program
Conditional admission is only available for the following master’s and doctoral programs:
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Statistics
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Environmental Sciences, Ph.D.
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Industrial & Human Factors Engineering
- Material Science Engineering
- Mathematics with concentrations in Applied Mathematics & Pure Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Microbiology & Immunology
- M.S. in Teaching with concentrations in Anatomy, Earth Sciences, Mathematics & Physics
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Ph.D. in Engineering
- Psychology with concentrations in Human Factors Psychology & Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Social Work
Before being allowed to enroll full time in the academic program the student will be required to:
- Satisfy English proficiency requirement (accepted tests and scores vary by program)
- Submit satisfactory GRE scores or GMAT scores before or during first academic semester (varies by program)
How to Apply for Graduate Conditional Admission
- Complete and submit the online application for degree seeking program
- During the application submitting process, select "I will start in LEAP Intensive English Program" for your English Proficiency question
- Upload all documents listed on your checklist on your applicant portal.
- Check your applicant portal often for updates. The admissions team will communicate with you through it.
Note: Automatically, we will add another application for LEAP Intensive English program by waiving the application fee. You must check both applications and upload the documents separately.