Table of Contents
- El Jefe Updates-Bill Holmes
- International Education Award 2017: Call for Nominations
- Highlighting September Collaboration
- International Student Highlight: Ademola Ikusan
- International Education Week 2017: Call for Proposals
- Upcoming Events: October
- Expanding global awareness and international understanding on the campus and in the surrounding communities
- Developing innovative, internationally-focused curriculum
- Operating education abroad activities
- Providing services to international students and scholars
- A cover letter summarizing the accomplishments of the candidate(s)
- A curriculum vitae or resume
- Appropriate supporting evidence concerning the nominee(s)' contributions to international education at Wright State University.
Please submit to Michelle Streeter-Ferrari, Director, University Center for International Education, E190 Student Union.
Deadline: October 6, 2017.
On Monday, September 25, 2017, the Office of Residence Life and Housing, with the help of the UCIE, African Student Union, and Muslim Student Association, hosted a mini international fair, "Taste in the Woods," outside of Oak Hall at the Woods Residential Community. This mini fair brought an impressive crowd of both international students and domestic students together. The event included fun outdoor games, international music, resources for study abroad opportunities, and international foods, all in effort to expose students to the cultures that surround them right here on campus.
Some other September collaborations include:
- International Women's Gathering: International Women Organization-Tuesday, September 5th
- UCIE Talent Show Auditions: International Cultural Exchange, International Friendships Inc.-Wednesday. September 13th
- Global Connections, Hispanic Heritage Celebration: Office of Latino Affairs-Friday, September 15th
- Global Connections, Academic Integrity Week Family Feud: Office of Community Standards and Student Conduct-Friday, September 22nd
- UCIE's International Talent Show: University Activity Board, Student Government Association, and Office of Residence Life and Housing
- Homecoming, International Students and Alumni Meet and Greet: Alumni Assocation-Thursday, September 28th
- Global Connections, Nigerian Independence Day Celebration: African Student Union-Friday, September 29th
I am from Ondo State in Nigeria. Ondo State is one of the 36 states in Nigeria and it is in the south-western part of the country. My major here at Wright State University is Cybersecurity. I picked Cybersecurity for several reasons:
- I wanted something that is more specific than doing Computer Science or Engineering since my undergradate major was Computer Engineering.
- Because of the need for more professionals in Cybersecurity, I wanted to help in stopping security breaches that plague the IT industry.
I came to Wright State because of this program, which has qualified, experienced, and welcoming faculty members, good program outline and courses, and various research opportunities. This is what attracted me to the program. To cap it all, I found the program relatively economical in terms of fees and other expenses. Also from my research, I realized that Dayton is not too costly and it is also peaceful.
After my program, I intend to pursue my PhD in Computer Science and Engineering for more concentrated ways to use technology trending now to solve new problems and approaches to security problems.
I have really enjoyed my academic career at Wright State University so far. I am so thankful to God, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, my academic advisor, the faculty members of the Cybersecurity program, the University Center for International Education, my colleagues, and friends I met here on campus for my incredible experience. GO RAIDERS!
- Name of Presenter
- Name of Session
- Length of Session
Global Connections with University Libraries-Friday, October 13th, 2-4pm, Student Union E190
Global Connections: Mock Job Interviews with Career Center-Friday, October 20th, 2-4pm, Student Union 108E
Global Connections: Scare Fair with University Activity Board-Friday, October 27th, 1-4pm, Student Union Atrium