Tegrity Issues within Pilot
As mentioned in an earlier email on 8/26/15, the Tegrity system, although still functional, is experiencing slight performance problems. The developers of Tegrity are aware of these system issues and are working on a resolution. However, CaTS has found one of these problems that could impact your use of the Tegrity system, specifically within Pilot. Please see below for a description and resolution to this problem.
Problem: Tegrity does not start properly when using the "Start Recording" button (first image below) from within Pilot.
Detailed Description: After logging in to Pilot and launching the Tegrity widget, clicking the "Start Recording" button brings up the following screen, instead of the Tegrity Recording window.
Resolution: To remedy this problem and begin recording, follow these steps BEFORE opening the Tegrity widget in Pilot.
- On the Windows taskbar, find the Tegrity icon on the right side, near the clock. You may have to click the up arrow to find the icon.
- Right click on the Tegrity icon. See the image below.
- Choose "Start Recording." This will open the Tegrity Recording Window.
- Open the Tegrity widget within Pilot.
- Click the "Start Recording" button.
You should now be able to record using the Tegrity software. Once the developers of Tegrity have resolved this issue, CaTS will notify the university. For further questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk.
Credit Card Vending Unavailable
Currently, the ability to use a credit card at campus vending machines is unavailable. The Wright1 Card Center is looking into the issue.
Issues With Tegrity 8/24
The Tegrity system is currently experiencing problems and is
inaccessible. This includes the ability to capture new lectures and view
ones already created. We will notify the university as soon as the
problems are resolved.
Change in Library Authentication Info
Attention students, faculty and staff:
Beginning August 24, 2015, the University Libraries will be implementing a change to off-campus access for library resources. To comply with vendor license agreements, a more secure access method of authentication will be used, requiring users to login with their campus username (w#) and password, as are currently used for WINGS, Pilot and other Wright State online authentications.
All students, staff and faculty will need to know their login information to access library materials. Library staff will not have access to your login credentials.
Please contact CaTS at 937-775-4827 for assistance in obtaining or updating login credentials.
For assistance in finding and accessing library materials please contact the Information Desk at 937-775-2925 or visit libraries.wright.edu/help/ask.
New Home Software Offers
CaTS has made some changes to our software offerings for home and personal use:
- Faculty and staff can now purchase Adobe Creative Cloud for their home computer for only $10/year! For more information, visit http://www.wright.edu/information-technology/services/personal-software-....
- On September 12, the free Work at Home editions of Office for Windows and Mac will no longer be available through the Home Software Store. Microsoft Office can now be downloaded through the Office 365 Pro Plus program, which allows Faculty and Staff to install the full version of the Microsoft Office Suite on up to five laptops/desktops, five mobile devices, and five tablets. For more information and installation instructions, visit: https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/services/proplus.
- Faculty, staff, and students can now get a free copy of MATLAB for use on home computers. For more information visit https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/services/matlab-software.
If you have any questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk.
Wright State App
The Wright State App helps you stay connected to the university like never before. Access critical information about your courses, accounts, and other information directly from your phone or tablet.
Atomic Learning offers video tutorials on current and popular software titles, including Microsoft Office and products from Adobe. Free for all faculty, staff, and students!