CaTS offers personal software discounts on a variety of products to Wright State faculty, staff, and students. OnTheHub is an online software store that allows university members to browse, purchase, and download the most popular software titles at a low cost.
Some products, including anti-virus, anti-spyware and internet browsing tools are provided free to eligible faculty, staff and students! Find a list of those titles here: Free Software (ConnectWright).
CaTS has negotiated discounts with Apple, McAffee, Microsoft, SAS and others so that Wright State students and employees can use essential university software at home.
If you have any questions or have trouble accessing OnTheHub, call the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
On this page:
Note: Software purchased from OnTheHub is for home use only, not for university-owned computers.
- Check your eligibility
- Know what you're buying before you make a purchase
- Check system requirements
- Select the right platform: Windows or Mac
- Limit one per customer
- All sales are final
- No refunds or returns
- Payment is by credit card
- University ProCard use is strictly prohibited
All students enrolled for the current semester can receive software from the OnTheHub software store. Incoming first-year students become eligible once they have enrolled in classes for their first semester. Students that were enrolled for Spring but that are not taking summer classes can only purchase software if they are registered for Fall semester.
Incoming Wright State Students
If you are a newly enrolled first year student, you will become eligible to purchase software once you have enrolled in a class for your first Semester. Please allow 24 hours after signing up for a class for activation.
If you are a new student for the Spring or Summer terms, you will have access to the store starting on the first day of the semester.
Faculty and Staff Eligibility
To receive software, faculty and staff must be directly employed by the university and listed in the Human Resources database. Only current employees are eligible - retirees, emeritus faculty and former employees are not eligible for OnTheHub. Boonshoft School of Medicine employees, third-party contractors, volunteers and others not directly employed by the university do not meet the employment requirement. These are rules set down in the license agreements with software manufacturers and cannot be waived.
Emeritus faculty are now eligible for the Mathematica home use program. This offer from Wolfram allows emeritus faculty to use Mathematica at home for non-commercial instruction and academic research purposes.
Employees that meet the faculty/staff requirements are eligible for Work-at-Home rights to several software packages. The cost of this software is absorbed by the university and is provided strictly for work-related activities. The cost of this software is absorbed by the university and is provided strictly for work-related activities. Personal activities are prohibited under the rights agreement and software can only be used during the term of employment. When a faculty or staff member leaves the employment of the university, all rights to the software end and the software must be removed. Please carefully read the license agreement for more details.
Available software titles differ for faculty, staff, and students. Popular titles include but are not limited to:
- Microsoft Office 2016
- Windows 10
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Important Notes:
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions are currently not available for faculty and staff for personal use. Please check back later for updates on software availability. Students still have access to purchase this software for their personal computers.
- Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions expire after one year. To renew your subscription, you must repurchase the software from OnTheHub.
- Important Notes:
- and More!
Visit the OnTheHub store for more information about pricing and software installation.
Wright State University now offers all faculty, staff, and students a free copy of Read&Write Gold for use on home computers. Read&Write Gold makes the web, documents, and files more accessible on any device.
To be eligible for the free Read&Write Gold license, you must be a current Wright State faculty, staff, or student. For Read&Write Gold installations, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827.
SAS Statistical Software
SAS is available to students for $20, which includes installation To obtain SAS, bring your computer to the CaTS Help Desk, located in 025 Library Annex.
- This license expires June 30th every year, despite when the software is purchased.
- SAS is only available for Windows. If you have a Mac and want SAS installed, you need to have Boot Camp and Windows installed on your Mac before coming to the Help Desk. If you don't have Boot Camp with Windows set up, you can obtain a copy of Windows through the OnTheHub site listed above. If needed, CaTS can install Windows for a $30 charge, and then install SAS for an additional $20.
A work-at-home license for SAS is available for faculty & staff to use on their personal home computer. The CaTS Home Base can install the software at no charge.
In order to purchase software from OnTheHub, you must first register for an account using your Wright State email.
- Visit wright.onthehub.com'
- Click 'Register'
- Enter your Office 365 email address and click 'Continue'
- In the Account Registration section, enter your information and new password for your account
- In the Proof of Eligibility section, select 'Wright State University' as your organization and re-enter your email address
- Choose if you are faculty, staff or student\
- Click 'Register'
- Fill in the information under 'Your Profile' and click 'Save'
- You will receive an email after successfully registering; click the link found in the email to finish verification
- You are now able to browse software available to you through OnTheHub
Software: Mail Order Discounts
There are a number of mail order companies that specialize in academically priced software, including the following:
There are numerous free/open source software sources on the internet.
These e-commerce sites on the web do not offer specific discounts to Wright State students or employees but they can be an excellent source of product reviews, technical notes and price comparison information. Remember, be extra cautious whenever purchasing items over the phone or the internet.