When printing to a Xerox printer on campus, you may be presented with a log in box (the Pharos Popup client) when trying to print a document. If you enter a wrong password for your account, the Pharos client will continue to use that wrong password and stop you from being able to print. Here's how to clear the bad password so you can continue with your print job.
There are two ways to clear a bad password:
Log out of or restart your computer, then log back in. The next time you print a document you will be able to re-enter your account information.
Clear the saved password via the Pharos Popup Client Configuration utility.
- For Windows, click Start Menu -> Programs -> Pharos -> Popup Client Configuration utility -> Click Clear Saved Answers Now
- For Mac, click Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Pharos -> PopupConfiguration -> Click Clear Saved Answers Now
If you are unable to successfully clear the bad password, contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827.
How to Remove a Printer or Set As Default
- Click Start Menu -> Devices and Printers.
- Find the printer in the list you want to remove or set as default.
- Right click on the printer's icon.
- Choose Remove Device or Set as Default Printer.
- Click on the Apple icon on the top left of your screen.
- Click on System Preferences...
- Click on Printers & Scanners
- To remove a printer, click once on the printer name, then click the minus button.
- To set a printer as your default, hold Control on your keyboard, click the printer name, then select Set default printer.