Today's issues with the "WSU-Secure" wireless connection have been resolved. If you are still experiencing issues with wireless connectivity, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827 for further assistance.
Currently, the "WSU-Secure" wireless connection is unavailable. CaTS is aware of the situation and is actively working with the appropriate vendor to resolve the issue. In the meantime, wireless connectivity is still available by using the "WSU_EZ_Connect" connection. Users needing access to secure systems may use "WSU_EZ_Connect" with a VPN connection.
If you have any questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827.
WINGS is one again available to university members.
At this time, WINGS is unavailable due to system maintenance. To check your email or use any of your Office 365 services, visit outlook.wright.edu and sign in with your Wright State email address. To check grades or view other student and personal information, visit wingsexpress.wright.edu and login with your UID and PIN.
CaTS will notify the university once WINGS becomes available again.
CaTS will be performing the following system maintenance this weekend:
The system which provides the H:\, K:\, and R:\ drives will be updated Sunday, July 31, between 6 a.m. and 12 p.m. This update should be non-disruptive. However, as a precaution please save your work often if you are accessing these drives during that time. If you experience issues during this maintenance period, you may need to save your work and restart your computer.
If you have questions, contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827 or email email@example.com.
Since the implementation of Office 365, CaTS has added several new services to your Office 365 account – available to all students, faculty, and staff!
- Office Sway: Office Sway is a presentation application tied to your Microsoft account which allows you to pull content from local devices or internet sources such as Facebook, OneDrive, and YouTube.
- Office Delve: Office Delve helps you discover the information most likely to be interesting to you across Office 365. Delve shows you documents no matter where they're stored, whether in OneDrive for Business or a SharePoint Site.
- Microsoft Forms: Microsoft Forms is a new feature of Office 365 Education that allows you to quickly and easily create custom quizzes, surveys, questionnaires, registrations, and more.
Learn more about each of these services at http://www.wright.edu/information-technology/services/office-365-overview.
CaTS is currently offering Office 365 ‘Ask Me Anything’ drop-in workshops. If you have questions about any of the new applications listed above, or any other existing Office 365 service, visit our
Workshops page for dates and times of these sessions:http://www.wright.edu/information-technology/training/workshops.
If you have any questions contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CaTS is offering training workshops for owners and users of Office 365 SharePoint Sites. Multiple dates and sessions are available.
- Ask Anything About Office 365 & SharePoint - Want to know what Office 365 is about? Have questions about your Office 365 SharePoint Site? Come on in and ask us about Office online to learn about Office 365 and the basics of managing and/or owning a SharePoint Site.
- SharePoint Site Owner Training - *Registration Required* Learn the 'ins and outs' of owning and managing a SharePoint Site from content to membership.
- Advanced SharePoint Site Owner Training - *Registration Required* *Prerequisite: Attended or viewed the CaTS Office 365 Communities Owner Training* Learn to manage the look and feel of document libraries and lists for your users with view and web parts, build your first communication workflow from scratch, and use task lists and assignments to begin managing a project using a Site.
For more information, visit our Workshops page. To register, visit the CaTS Training and Learning Site.
If you have any questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
The Help Desk recently learned that some Wright State faculty, staff, and students are receiving notifications of fraudulent emails. Users are receiving malicious emails originating from forged 'wright.edu’ addresses. The sender and receiver addresses are the same, so it appears in your inbox as if you are receiving an email from your own Office 365 email address.
Email malware and phishing scams have increased over the past week and are targeting all Wright State members. Please be aware of these scams. Do not open any documents attached to a suspicious email or give out any personal information.
If you have any questions or receive a suspicious email, please contact the CaTS Help Desk immediately. You can reach us at (937) 775-4827, or email email@example.com.
The Help Desk was notified yesterday of a large number of email phishing scams targeting Wright State faculty, staff, and students.
As always, you should be very careful before opening attachments from unknown sources, but please pay particular attention to any suspicious emails you received yesterday, July 4. These emails may include attachments containing malware and should NOT be downloaded or opened.
If you have any questions about these scams, or if you have already opened or downloaded any attachments, please contact the CaTS Help Desk immediately. You can reach us at (937) 775-4827, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome, Wright State Students!
We're excited to start another year here at Wright State, and we're glad to have you along for the ride! During our presentation, you received a brief overview of our services and an Account Guide to refer to later. Here you can access the PowerPoint you saw during our session, along with an electronic copy of our Student Tech Handbook. Both of these can also be found on our Getting Started for Students page.
Remember, CaTS is here to help! If you ever have tech questions, give us a call at (937) 775-4827, or email us at email@example.com. For quick, on the go questions, tweet us @WrightStateIT and we'll be happy to help.