Updates to the New WINGS Portal - 7/2/15
CaTS has made further updates to the new WINGS portal!
- 'My Alerts’ and ‘My Links’ have moved to the right hand column.
- The ‘Resources’ buttons formerly above Campus Announcements have moved to the right hand column under ‘Services’.
- All announcements (campus, student and employee) are now featured in list form in the center column.
- ‘Feedback’ and the Poll are now in the left hand column
- Filters are now accessible through the gear link in the ‘Announcements’ heading; these settings will affect all campus, student and employee announcements.
- A ‘People Directory’ option has been added under the Search bar at the top of the page; checking this will limit your search to the People Directory only.
- ‘FAQs’ and ‘Recent Updates’ are now accessible in the sub-menu under the WINGS logo.
Please continue to submit your feedback through the ‘Tell Us What You Think’ link under the Feedback section. Learn more about the new WINGS at http://www.wright.edu/information-technology/support-and-training/wings-beta.
CaTS Super Sale-July 7, 2015
CaTS Used Computer Super Sale
Date: Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Time: 1:00 - 4:00pm
Location: 031 Dunbar Library (formerly the Student Academic Success Center)
- Computers are 5-6 years old and come from campus labs and classrooms.
- They come complete with computer, LCD display, keyboard, mouse and Windows Vista.
- No other software is installed.
- Computers are sold as-is with no warranty.
Lines may be long and wait times could exceed an hour. Please be prepared.
- Intel i5 (or below)
- 4gb RAM, 80gb HD, DVD/CD-RW
- 19” LCD display, keyboard and mouse
- Windows Vista (ONLY)
- Cost: $75 - $150*
*System specifications are approximate with some variation between individual units. You will have an opportunity to power up and inspect the unit prior to sale.
Additional Items for Sale
- Wireless keyboard/mouse sets
- Atomic Clocks
- Extra Monitors
Rules and Other Information
- Purchases at time of sale only; no advanced purchases.
- Must be present at time of sale; no reserved items.
- Personal purchases only; no university departmental purchases.
- Sale open to public; you do not have to be a student or employee to purchase.
- Payment by cash or check (payable to Wright State University); no credit cards.
- Sales tax of 6.75% added to purchase price.
- Limit two systems per person.
- All items sold in as-is condition with no warranty.
- Buyer is responsible for removing equipment at time of sale.
- Visitor parking available outside Dunbar Library.
Home Base Services
Home Base was created to meet the advanced support needs of university students. CaTS provides basic support services for free, but can now offer more in-depth support through Home Base. You'll find prices for these support offerings are much lower than going off campus. Home Base also offers software available for purchase to students, staff, and faculty members.
Current Issues with Office 365 Email
At this time, some users are unable to access email through the Outlook client or the Outlook Web App (OWA). This issue also prevents users from sending emails to those having problems accessing their mailboxes. Microsoft is working on a resolution and CaTS will notify the University when a solution has been found. For questions, contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Wright State App
CaTS is excited to announce the recent release of the Wright State App, the university’s official app for smart devices! The app is now available for download on both iOS and Android devices. The Wright State App helps you stay connected to the university like never before. Access critical information about your courses and accounts as well as useful features—like campus news, maps and directories—directly from your phone or tablet. The Wright State App includes content for both the Dayton and Lake campuses, so you’ll always have the information you need right at your fingertips.
To learn more about the app, including download instructions and frequently asked questions, visit the Wright State App website, located at http://www.wright.edu/WrightStateApp.
For assistance with downloading, installing, or using the app, feel free to contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937) 775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
OneDrive for Business
OneDrive for Business is a Microsoft online service that provides resources for file storage, collaboration, and communication within Wright State's Office 365 system. Please remember that as you use OneDrive for Business, you should not store any files or documents that contain sensitive university data. If you do so, you will be in violation of Wright Way Policy 1106, which is the university’s IT Security Policy. See section 1106.03 on http://www.wright.edu/wrightway/1106 for further information.
Updates to the New WINGS Portal
After conducting usability tests and reviewing feedback, CaTS has made a few updates to the new WINGS portal!
- ‘Wright1 Card Services’ and ‘Parking Services’ shortcuts are now featured under the ‘Services’ section.
- A ‘Libraries’ button has been added above Campus Announcements.
- Bookmarks are back! Add links to your most commonly visited sites under the ‘My Links’ section.
Please continue to submit your feedback through the ‘Tell Us What You Think’ link under the Feedback section. Learn more about the new WINGS at https://www.wright.edu/information-technology/support-and-training/wings-beta.
New WINGS Portal Now Available
The new version of WINGS - streamlined for announcements and alerts – is
Click on the “WINGS (beta)” icon on the WINGS homepage to try it out.
Classic WINGS will still be available until the end of the year.
Group and Course Studio are not available in the new WINGS portal.
We welcome your feedback on the new WINGS. Click on the “Tell us what
you think” link under the Feedback section.
Learn more about the new WINGS at
Phishing Scam Notice for 6/1/15
The Help Desk was recently notified of an email phishing scam that targets Wright State students, faculty, and staff. This scam, which may have a subject line titled " School Mail-Box Validation,” asks you to click on a link to validate your Wright State email account and indicates that a failure to do so will result in the deletion of your account.
Please be aware that this is a scam. Do not click on the link provided in the email or give out any personal information.
If you have any questions about these scams, or if you have already clicked the link and entered your account information, please contact the CaTS Help Desk immediately. You can reach us at (937) 775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.
Reminder: Office 365 Sites Training
CaTS is offering training workshops for owners and users of Office 365
Sites. Sites are built using Microsoft SharePoint Online.
* Owner sessions include instructions on how to create and maintain
Office 365 Sites.
* User sessions focus on accessing and working with data stored in Sites.
To register, visit:
If you have any questions, please contact the CaTS Help Desk at (937)
775-4827, or toll free at 1-888-775-4827.