This page brings together a listing of technology related policies that you need to be aware of. Some of these policies are from CaTS only, but there are also many others that are official university Wright Way policies. CaTS encourages you to read through each policy and, if you have any questions, contact the CaTS Help Desk.
General IT Policies
- Desktop Service Charges (PDF)
- Non-Supported Product Declaration (PDF)
- WINGS Classified Ads Channel Policy
The Classified Ads channel contains items of interest to the University community. Please remember that the use of the University's computer network for these messages is a privilege extended to all WSU account holding affiliates for personal, non-commercial use. There is a limit of 20 simultaneous posts per user. The terms of any transactions are between the buyer and the seller.
By using this site, you agree to abide by the University's rules for responsible computing and to use the Classified Ads appropriately. Honor all copyrights when posting images or text in this channel. These pages are not intended for solicitation, political purposes, publishing opinions, or to mislead or mock others. Wright State University reserves the right to remove any posting that it deems inappropriate.
Computer Classroom & Lab Policies
Classroom Technology Support Policies
Video Technology Services Policies
- Data Protection Considerations
- Data Security Compliance
- Computer Incident Response and Management Plan (PDF)
- Information Technology Security Framework (PDF)
- Minimum Security Standards for WSU Networked Devices
- Network Port Extension Policy
- Password Management Policy
- Required Virus/Spyware Updated Software Policy
- Security Strategy
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) Policy (PDF)
- Email Communications Policy
There is an increasing reliance on electronic communication among students, faculty, staff and administration at Wright State University. Because of this reliance and the acceptance of electronic communication, email is considered the official means for communication. The University will send official communications via email and expects that those communications will be received and read in a timely fashion. Students are expected to check their official email address frequently to stay current with university communications.
- Laptops2Go Equipment Use and Liability Agreement (PDF)
- Student Housing Network Acceptable Use Policy (PDF)