Academic services are designed to assist students with disabilities in meeting all academic requirements at the university.
Eligible students may receive accommodations such as:
- Students may meet with case managers to discuss issues regarding disabilities and academic accommodations.
- Furniture accommodations
- Lab assistance
- Student receives copies of notes from a classmate
- Want to become a note taker?
- Reader: reads printed course materials aloud to student
- Writer: writes/types content as student dictates (scribe)
Beginning July 1, 2016, out of class Reader/Writer services offered through the Office of Disability Services will be discontinued.
Test Proctoring Services
- extended test time
- testing environment with reduced distractions
- assistive technology/software
- reading or writing assistance (test proctor/scribe), Scantron assistance