Hispanic Heritage Month: A look at the Latino Community
The Office for Latino Affairs in collaboration with Human Resources will present an interactive 2-hour workshop to generate thoughts and discussion about our Latino community. Participants will survey the history, political, economic, social, and cultural factors of the Hispanic population.
Discussions during the workshop will address the following: ·
- Barriers Latinos face when interacting and communicating
- Characteristics of past and present generations ·
- Diversity of the Latino culture ·
- History of Hispanic people ·
- Latino vision, passion, entrepreneurial spirit, and commitment ·
- Problems and issues that impact collaboration across cultures
Tony Ortiz, Associate Vice President for Latino Affairs ·
Manny Goemez with Go2Gomez, Training and Consulting Solutions and adjunct faculty at Wright State University.
Come join us and enjoy this “Learn after Lunch” on Friday, September 19, from 1:00pm-3:00pm in the Endeavor Room-156 B and C, Student Union. To register please reply to this email or call Tony Ortiz at 3827.
Leave Reporting Deadlines Revised
The deadline to submit and approve leave reports for monthly employees will now be the 5th of each month