Hispanic Heritage Month: A look at the Latino Community
The Office for Latino Affairs in collaboration with Human Resources will present an interactive 2-hour workshop to generate thoughts and discussion about our Latino community. Participants will survey the history, political, economic, social, and cultural factors of the Hispanic population.
Discussions during the workshop will address the following: ·
- Barriers Latinos face when interacting and communicating
- Characteristics of past and present generations ·
- Diversity of the Latino culture ·
- History of Hispanic people ·
- Latino vision, passion, entrepreneurial spirit, and commitment ·
- Problems and issues that impact collaboration across cultures
Tony Ortiz, Associate Vice President for Latino Affairs ·
Manny Goemez with Go2Gomez, Training and Consulting Solutions and adjunct faculty at Wright State University.
Come join us and enjoy this “Learn after Lunch” on Friday, September 19, from 1:00pm-3:00pm in the Endeavor Room-156 B and C, Student Union. To register please reply to this email or call Tony Ortiz at 3827.
TIME SHEET EARLY SUBMISSION / APPROVAL NOTIFICATION
EMPLOYEES: Electronic Time Sheets need to be submitted on-line NO LATER than 12:00 p.m. Friday, August 29, 2014. Paper Time Sheets also need to be turned in to the Payroll Department NO LATER than 12:00 p.m. Friday, August 29, 2014. They must be signed by the supervisor.
APPROVERS: Electronic Time Sheets have to be approved no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday August 29, 2014. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS. If you will not be able to approve your employees’ time sheets, make sure that you have set up a proxy to approve them in your absence.
Please make sure all time sheets are submitted and approved by the deadline so everyone receives their pay Friday, September 5, 2014.
WEB TIME SHEETS MAY SHOW SUBMITTED AND APPROVED, BUT IF IT IS AFTER THE DEADLINE, PAYROLL WILL NOT RECEIVE THEM FOR PAYMENT.
If you have any problems or questions, please contact the Payroll Department.
Wright State University
301D University Hall
3640 Colonel Glenn Hwy
Dayton, Ohio 45435
Leave Report Approvals due by August 26, 2014!!
Leave Truncation Information
Remember that all Leave Reports must be submitted by employees so that they may be approved before midnight on August 26, 2014. This is due to the Vacation Truncation process that will take place when the payroll is run on August 27, 2014.
Employees earn vacation leave hours based on their years of service and their FTE:
· 14.67 hours are earned each pay period for up to 24 years of service – full FTE
· 16.67 hours are earned each pay period for 24 or more years of service – full FTE
· If the employee is less than a full FTE, the hours earned are prorated.
The limit for vacation leave accrual in August is 352 hours:
· August 26: 14.67 hours will be accrued; your balance must be 337.33 hours or less.
· August 26: 16.67 hours will be accrued; your balance must be 335.33 hours or less.
· August 27: any hours in excess of 352 will be truncated (lost) (352 is prorated if less than a full FTE)
Employees that have carried high balances September 2013 through today have been notified periodically if they were in excess of 352 hours. Hopefully you have had a chance to use your vacation before the truncation occurs.
Remember – Submit and Approve before the end of the day on August 26, 2014!!
Leave Reporting Deadlines Revised
The deadline to submit and approve leave reports for monthly employees will now be the 5th of each month