Visit our Coronavirus website for all COVID-19 information and resources.

Staff Handbook

Getting Started

photo of staff members at an event in the student union

New Employee Orientation

All our employees attend New Employee Orientation because one of our values is people and HR knows the importance of getting employees established with their benefits and helping them start in a successful way. During the orientation, you will receive general information about Wright State and your employee benefits. Orientation dates, times, and locations are available on the New Employee Orientation webpage.

Employee Identification Cards

All new employees must obtain a photo identification card. A Wright 1 I.D. card identifies you as a member of the university staff. A card will be issued free of charge by Wright1 Card Services in the Student Union with authorization from Human Resources. An employee I.D. card can be used for the following purposes:

  • Debiting purchases at university food locations
  • Accessing gated parking lots (with appropriate parking permit)
  • Borrowing books and materials from the university libraries
  • Paying fines at the university libraries
  • Obtaining membership in the Student Union Fitness Center
  • Obtaining discounts at the Wright State Bookstore
  • Obtaining discounts on tickets to selected campus events

Visit the Wright1 Card website for more information.


Employee parking areas are located throughout the campus. Employees driving motor vehicles should register their vehicles with Parking and Transportation, pay the appropriate amount for a parking permit, display the permit in the vehicle, and park in the designated parking area. Regional Transit Authority (bus) passes are issued by the Department of Parking and Transportation. This department also provides motorist assistance, such as battery jumps. They will furnish you with information on university parking policies, campus maps, and campus shuttle service schedules. Visit the Parking and Transportation website for more information.


Keys needed for entry into your office may be obtained from the Physical Plant Department’s Customer Service Center, with the authorization of your manager. A Key Authorization Form signed by your department head is required to obtain a key. You must return all keys when leaving university employment or transferring to a new job within the university which entails a change of office. Payment for lost keys is the responsibility of the person to whom the keys were issued. University keys may not be duplicated for any reason.