Visit our Coronavirus website for all COVID-19 information and resources.

Staff Handbook

Dispute Resolution Procedures

photo of a staff member on campus

The university’s goal is to resolve workplace concerns equitably and quickly in the best interest of all parties. Procedures have been established to ensure that your complaints are handled in a fair and orderly way. Dispute resolution procedures for employees are outlined in the following paragraphs.

Informal and Formal Dispute Resolution

In any workplace, there is potential for misunderstandings and conflicts. In most cases, you will be able to resolve these differences by talking with your immediate supervisor. You are encouraged to promptly discuss any work-related problem or dispute with your supervisor. If you are not satisfied with your immediate supervisor’s response or if you are uncomfortable going to your supervisor with the problem, the university provides dispute resolution procedures.

Dispute resolution procedures are available to all staff not covered by a collective bargaining agreement. The intention of the dispute resolution procedures is to ensure that you are treated fairly and that disputes are resolved promptly. You will not be retaliated against, and no adverse action will be taken against you for invoking the dispute resolution process, regardless of the outcome.

Dispute resolution procedures do not replace Wright State University procedures for filing discrimination or sexual harassment complaints. Those complaints should be submitted to the Office of Equity and Inclusion. More information regarding the Dispute Resolution Procedure can be found on the Dispute Resolution webpage.

Grievance Procedures for Bargaining Unit Employees

Classified employees who are members of a collective bargaining unit have a right to submit grievances for alleged violations of the bargaining agreement without fear of adverse consequences. Grievance procedures are detailed in your bargaining agreement. Copies of the bargaining agreement may be obtained from Human Resources or your Union Steward.