The Guidebook for the Wright State University Performance Evaluation Process is a tool to help supervisors and employees navigate the performance evaluation process.* The Guidebook includes information about:
- The importance of ongoing feedback and direction
- How to structure continuous performance conversations
- The purpose of, and recommended process for, submitting annual performance evaluations
- The timeline and two different forms used in the annual performance evaluation process (the Self-Appraisal Form and the Formal Performance Evaluation Form)
- Expectations for both the supervisor and the employee
- Rating guidelines for Core Competencies/Expected Behaviors listed on the annual form
- Differences between a Development Plan and a Performance Improvement Plan
- Setting goals and objectives
Full participation in this vital process is essential to our success. It is important for each of us to take time to reflect where we have been, both individually and as an institution, and decide where we want to go in the future.
*Guidance for the alternative, simplified form can be found HERE. The timeline for submission of the alternative form is the same for all performance evaluation forms.