The members of the Employee and Labor Relations team interpret university policies, procedures, regulations, labor contracts, as well as state and federal laws for managers and individual employees.
We promote effective manager-employee communications and provide individual coaching to improve employee performance and resolve conflicts and problems before the implementation of formal corrective action. We also provide guidance to supervisors, managers and administrators to address workplace issues with staff.
Our primary Employee Relations functions are:
- Interpretation of policy and relevant employment law and where applicable, the Ohio Revised Code
- Provide guidance regarding performance management
- Provide consultation regarding corrective action steps
- Administration of the dispute resolution procedures
We look forward to facilitating positive workplace relationships and assisting in the creation of a productive work environment for Wright State University staff in order to encourage the transformation of the lives of our students and the communities we serve.
- Family and Medical Leave Act forms can be found in the Health and Benefits section of the Forms page.
- Reasonable accommodation procedures can be found in University Policy 8001 or by contacting the Office of Equity and Inclusion at (937) 775-3207.