Healthcare Plans and Premiums
Since a new bargaining unit agreement has not been ratified, the AAUP healthcare plans and associated employee premiums remain unchanged.
The WSU’s cost on the premium sheet has been revised to reflect the current projected 2019 total cost.
IRS increased Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution Limits
The IRS issued the 2019 annual contribution limits listed below.
- $3,500 for Single coverage
- $7,000 for Family coverage
- $1,000 additional for HSA catch-up contributions (age 55 or older)
According to the IRS, it is your responsibility to ensure that you do not exceed these HSA contribution limits. You can determine your total HSA contributions by adding the following:
- Wright State University contribution
- Your personal paycheck contributions, and
- Anthem Healthy Lifestyles contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts
The IRS has not released the 2019 limits for FSA Healthcare or FSA Dependent Care.
Castlight (transitioning to Anthem Engage on January 1)
Anthem is launching a new comprehensive digital health platform for members nationwide. The platform, called Anthem Engage, comes out of the company's partnership with Castlight Health. The digital tool creates a personalized member experience by connecting health plan and benefits data with individual clinical and claims data. Engage will also help members make better cost and quality decisions when accessing care. Wright State will transition to Anthem Engage beginning January 1, 2019.
Current Castlight enrollees will automatically be added to Anthem Engage on January 1, 2019. Those with phone apps will need to reestablish after January 1.
Not enrolled in Castlight? Enroll by December 1, 2018, and automatically be added to Anthem Engage.
As a reminder, you can use to:
- Save on the care you need. Find doctors, hospitals, medical services, and prescriptions. Compare them by cost and quality.
- Understand your plan. See simple descriptions of your medical plan and what’s covered.
- Review past expenses. Learn where you are in your deductible phase and how much you paid and why, so you can plan for the year ahead.
- Make smart choices. Receive personalized recommendations based on your past care and in-network options.
To start using Castlight . or to download the mobile app
Castlight is provided free of charge for adults enrolled in a Wright State medical plan.
Watch your email for more information on Anthem Engage!
Reminder: $50 Late Enrollment Fee
Wright State University believes it’s important for each employee to take the time to understand their healthcare options so they can select the coverage that best suits their needs and their budget. Regardless of current coverage, you must take action online to continue, change, enroll or waive your 2019 healthcare coverage.
A $50 late enrollment fee has been established to encourage our workforce to take action and submit their benefit elections during the November 1st through November 14th open enrollment. Those who do not take action will have the $50 late fee deducted from their January 2019 paycheck.
Enroll by the deadline to avoid a one-time $50 late enrollment fee!
New Anthem Medical Cards
New Anthem Medical Cards will be sent to the following employees:
- New participants in any plan
- Addition of a spouse or dependent(s)
Your new Anthem insurance cards will be mailed to your home address.
- In addition, you can access a copy of your new card at or on Anthem’s or Castlight’s mobile app late in December.
- Remember to provide your new card to your medical and pharmacy providers.