Benefits Open Enrollment is a once-a-year opportunity for benefit-eligible employees to reflect on their current benefit elections and make any necessary changes for the upcoming year. HR will continue with an active enrollment which requires all benefit-eligible employees to make a selection to waive, terminate, continue, or enroll in coverage for 2022 through WINGS Express. Changes made during open enrollment take effect January 1, 2022.
During open enrollment you can:
- Waive, continue, enroll, terminate or change medical, dental, and/or vision coverage
- Add or remove dependents from coverage
- Participate in a Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare and/or Dependent Day Care)
- Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HDHP participants only)
- Change your Short-Term Disability and/or Supplemental Life Insurance coverage (paper process)
Outside of the Open Enrollment period, you can make changes within 31 days of experiencing a qualifying life event, such as birth, marriage, divorce, death, loss in other healthcare coverage, etc.
Understand Your Options
Wright State University provides tools and resources to help you make informed benefit decisions:
- Review the 2022 Open Enrollment information on the HR website.
- Schedule virtual one-on-one sessions with Anthem and HORAN (the university’s benefits broker). Appointments are required. When scheduling an appointment, document in the note section if scheduling with Anthem or HORAN.
- Watch the Open Enrollment presentation on-demand.
- Need help with your online enrollment? Virtual one-on-one assistance with online enrollment will continue to replace computer labs. Appointments are required. View available dates and times and schedule your one-on-one assistance appointment here.
- Watch for emails from Human Resources.