Employees who are appointed to work on more than a 50% Annual Full-time Equivalency basis are eligible to enroll for medical benefits with an employer contribution from Wright State University. The university provides medical coverage through Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.
Employees who work at any location other than the Wright State Lake Campus or outside the state of Ohio are eligible to choose either the Anthem Blue Access PPO coverage, the Anthem Blue Preferred Primary HMO coverage, or the Anthem Lumenos HDHP coverage. Employees who work at the Wright State Lake Campus or outside the state of Ohio are also eligible to enroll in the Anthem Blue Traditional coverage.
Bargaining-Unit Faculty members who enroll for medical coverage are automatically enrolled for dental coverage and vision coverage for the same eligible dependents as for medical coverage. There is only one employee contribution for the cost of all three coverages.
Non-Bargaining-Unit Faculty members, Classified and Unclassified staff may choose to enroll for medical, dental, and/or vision coverage for themselves and eligible dependents. These coverages are not linked and can be elected on an individual basis. There are employee contributions for each coverage and coverage level selected.
Further information about the services provided by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, including an on-line directory of member physicians and hospitals, can be found at the Anthem website. Information can also be obtained by calling 800-826-7987.
All Staff and Non-Bargaining Unit Faculty Plan Summaries:
- Anthem PPO 90/10 Plan Summary (PDF)
- Anthem PPO 80/20 Plan Summary (PDF)
- Anthem HDHP Plan Summary (PDF)
Bargaining Unit Faculty Plan Summaries:
2014 Healthcare Employee Contribution Rate Sheets
Employees who enroll dependents (whether as a new hire or via a life event) in the medical plan will be contacted by HMS Employer Solutions to participate in the dependent verification program. Employees will be required to submit documentation to verify the dependent relationship. Visit the Dependent Verification Program page to learn more.
Additional Resources for HDHP/HSA Participants
- 2013 HDHP and Health Savings Account Summary (PDF)
- Health Savings Account Resource Guide (PDF)
- Fifth Third Health Savings Account Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
- Fifth Third FAQs (PDF)
- Estimating Expenses under High Deductible Health Plan (PDF)
- HDHP Healthy Rewards (PDF)
- HDHP Preventative Health Guidelines (PDF)
- The Power of Prevention (PDF)
- Preventative Care Benefits (PDF)
- Fifth Third Contact Information: 888.350.5353 or www.53hsa.com