The following are eligibility rules, guidelines and documentation requirements for enrollment of qualifying dependents in Wright State University’s group benefit plans, including provisions of Federal and State legislation for adult children (AAUP Faculty Only). Wright State University has partnered with HMS Employee Solutions for ongoing dependent verification. HMS will contact employees with newly enrolled dependents at a later time for required documentation. Information in this chart is in summary form.
|Dependent Relationship||Definition of an Eligible Dependent||Document Requirements|
|Spouse||Your eligible spouse as recognized under federal law||
|Your eligible registered same or opposite sex domestic partner||
|Child*||Children from birth to age 26||Copy of child's birth certificate confirming the parent/child relationship|
|Older Adult Child* (AAUP Faculty)||Children ages 26 and 27**||Copy of child's birth certificate confirming the parent/child relationship|
|Diabled Dependent||Your child age 26 or older who cannot work to support themselves due to mental or physical disability||
*A child is defined as:
- a natural blood related child,
- child of your registered domestic partner,
- legally adopted child or child placed with the employee for adoption,
- child for which the employee or employee's spouse has permanent legal custody or legal guardianship, or
- any child for whom you are required by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order to provide health care coverage.
**Visit the Bargaining Unit Faculty Older Adult Child Coverage page for additional requirements