The Honors Program admits new, continuing, and transfer students throughout the year. The minimum criteria for new and continuing/transfer students follows.
First-year students direct from high school should meet at least two of the following criteria:
- GPA of 3.25 or better in high school
- Rank in top 10 percent of the graduating class
- Score at 90th percentile on the ACT (approximately 28 Composite) or the SAT (1220 SAT [critical reading and math only] prior to March 2016, or 1290 SAT total March 2016 and after)
We are also interested in admitting students who may not meet the minimum admission criteria but who bring some special contribution or determination to the Honors Program. Incoming students who apply but who do not meet the minimum qualifications outlined above may be asked to submit additional documentation in support of their application. Or it may be recommended that students delay admission until they have attended Wright State for one term and earned at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Contact the Honors Program for more information.
Continuing or Transfer Students
Students who are already enrolled at Wright State or who are transferring from another university must:
- have at least a 3.0 GPA from Wright State or another institution, and
- provide a faculty recommendation from either Wright State or another institution.
If you are a continuing or transfer student who has earned more than 30.0 semester credits, you will be asked to schedule an appointment with an Honors Program advisor to review your transcript.
Can other students take Honors classes?
Non-Honors students with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 may be given permission to register for an Honors class on a space available basis. Contact the Honors Office for more information.