“These past few years have been financially hard on my family. My mother lost her job and my dad’s business has slowly been losing revenue. Every quarter has brought about another struggle to find the funds to pay for my education. You can only imagine the excitement and relief that I felt when I received this scholarship.”
—Caleb Ater, Woods Scholarship recipient
What is the university community doing to help our students?
Identifying more scholarship opportunities
Campus-wide initiative to raise funds for need-based scholarships
- Reallocation of campus resources toward need-based scholarships
- Personal contributions from faculty, staff, students, and administrators
How do we decide who are eligible for the Graduation Fund?
- Ohio residents
- Full-time undergraduate students (Fall, 09)
- Satisfactory progress toward their degree
- Completed 2009-10 Federal Financial Aid Form(FAFSA)
- “In need” is defined for this fund as: Cost of full-time tuition minus expected family contribution # (EFC) minus federal/state grants
How will the funds be awarded?
- Effective summer 2009, continuing students will be notifiied by the Office of Financial Aid
What is the cost to attend Wright State University?
- Tuition: per quarter $2,426 = $7,278 per year (current year tuition)
- Books and supplies: per quarter $588 = $1,764 per year
- Room, board, activity, and technology Fee: $2,578 per quarter = $7,734 per year
- Total for Ohio resident: per quarter $5,592 = $16,776 per year.