We're excited you're considering Wright State. We're here to help and support during and after your application process. If you have questions or concerns, contact the Graduate School at email@example.com, 937-775-2976, or visit us in 344 Student Union.
On this page:
Below is what you can expect during the application process and some basic timelines and deadlines. Each program has its own requirements and application review proces, so required documents and timelines will vary.
Application and Fee
You must apply online for all graduate school programs, including non-degree programs. Paper applications are not accepted. The application should be filled out carefully and completely. Select Not Applicable (N/A) when appropriate. If the application form is submitted with essential information missing, processing may be delayed until such information is received.
A non-refundable $40 fee is required for each degree or licensure application. A nonrefundable $10 fee is required for each non-degree seeking application or certificate program application.
Application deadlines are established by individual programs. Contact your program directly to find out their deadlines.
Submit one official transcript sent from each institution attended (except Wright State). You are still required to submit an official transcript from each different college where you have originally completed course work. Non-degree and certificate program students need to submit only the official transcript that reflects the award of a baccalaureate, master’s, or doctorate degree.
Transcripts must be official, original versions:
- Paper versions sent directly to us by your former university.
- Paper versions that you mailed or carried in to our office.
- We do not accept scanned, copied or faxed transcripts.
- We do accept eletronic transcripts sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org from the university or service providing the transcript. Emails indicating an e-transcript is available for viewing must also come directly from the university or the service providing the transcript. We do not accept fowarded transcripts.
Paper transcripts should be submitted to:
Wright State University
E344 Student Union
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Dayton, OH 45435
Program-Specific Application Requirements
The following programs may have special requirements outside of the Graduate School requirements.
What if I used to attend a graduate program?
If you were formerly admitted to the Graduate School, but have not completed a course within three semesters, or have not received the degree from the Graduate School, you must submit a new application form.
Are you an international student?
Visit the international admissions website for information on international applications and deadlines, application processing, including procedures for submitting application documents, application status checks, and issuing I-20s.
Once an application is submitted, we will process your application, including matching your application to any required documents (e.g. official transcripts, letters of recommendation, etc.) that we already have on file. It can take one to two business days to verify new document and attach it to the application, even if they are uploaded to the Admissions Portal. No action is taken until your application is SUBMITTED.
Once we receive all application materials, we will calculate an overall undergraduate GPA using the coursework from all your transcripts. If you meet the minimum admissions requirements for Wright State, we will forward your application to your chosen program for an admissions recommendation. Each program has its own review process, so the timing of admission decisions will vary.
After your chosen program officials make their recommendation, your application is returned to the Graduate School for a final decision. You will receive a letter and an email with your admission decision.
How long will it take for an admission decision?
It can take four to six weeks for an application for a degree or licensure program to be processed. Non-degree and certificate program applications can take two to four weeks.
- Only you have access to information relating to your application, specific application process, and admission status.
- Once submitted, all materials are property of Wright State University. We do not return application materials or supply copies of application materials which have been submitted.
- You must register for classes in the semester for which you were admitted. If you need to move your registration to another term, send an email to email@example.com with your request.
- Your application is good for one year. If you do not register or move your application term during that period, you will need to reapply.
State law requires all state-assisted universities to charge non-resident fees to Ohio male students who have not registered with the Selective Service. If you were born after December 31, 1959, have not reached the age of 27 years, and have not registered with the Selective Service, you may do so at any United States Post Office.
You must be accepted for admission to Wright State before you may register for graduate credit. Admission to Wright State does not necessarily indicate candidacy for an advanced degree. Such candidacy is subject to specific requirements defined by the individual program.
Things do to after your application has been submitted:
Contact your program about scholarship opportunities
Explore campus life