On this page:
RTA buses run from downtown Dayton to Wright State and from downtown to many other destinations. RTA transportation passes and schedules are available at the Barnes & Noble Bookstore, 182 Student Union. The RTA's phone number is 937-425-8300. The RTA bus that services the Dayton Campus is #1. All buses feature bike racks and meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
Greene CATS Public Transit’s services are open to the general public and meet ADA accessibility guidelines.
They provide two types of Demand Responsive service:
- Scheduled Rides pick up and drop off riders at any location within Greene County with limited service to neighboring counties;
- Flex Routes have defined routes with scheduled time points that circulate and link Greene County communities of Beavercreek, Fairborn, Xenia, and Yellow Springs. Deviations on Flex Routes up to 1/2 of a mile are available upon request. The Wright State University’s time point is located along the Orange Line flex route and is at the Student Union (shared bus stop with Greater Dayton RTA and the Raider Shuttle). Flex Route buses are also equipped with bike racks.
To schedule a ride or flex route deviation, call the Scheduling Office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday–Friday, at least two business days (by noon) before your trip date. Requests may be made up to one month in advance. Note: Medicaid recipients can get transportation to their medical appointments through their Managed Care Plan (PDF) or by calling Greene CATS. Transportation is provided by managed care plans, contracted providers, and reimbursement.
For more details:
- Review the Beginner’s Guide (PDF)
- Visit the Greene CATS website
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 937-708-8322 or toll-free 1-877-227-2287
Office address: 2380 Bellbrook Ave., Suite A, Xenia, Ohio 45385
During Fall and Spring Semesters, Monday through Friday, the Raider Rides buses provide campus transportation on multiple routes. See the route schedule below for stop locations and times. Shuttle service is not available during university-observed holidays and breaks or during Summer Semesters. You can also get a copy of the schedule on the shuttles or at the Customer Care Center in 065 Allyn Hall.
Miami Valley Rideshare
Miami Valley rideshare is a free ridesharing service provided by the Miami Valley regional planning commission. If you are interested in sharing a ride or have questions, visit the Miami Valley Rideshare website or call rideshare at 937-223-SAVE (7283) or 1-800-743-SAVE (7283).