Hazard Communication Standard
The OSHA Hazard Communicaiton Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200(g)), revised in 2012, requires the chemical manufacturer, distrubutor, or importer to provide Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) (formerly MSDSs or Material Safety Data Sheets) for each hazardous chemical to downstream users to communicate information on these hazards.
Ths SDS includes information such as
- the properties of each chemical;
- the physical, health, and environmental health hazards,
- protective measures; and
- safety precautions for handling, storing, and transporting the chemical.
Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) must be readily available for all hazardous materials.
The Wright State University community has a License Agreement with ChemWatch. With a university IP address, all WSU students, faculty and staff have access to chemical information and data, electronically from ChemWatch.
- A-Z glossary of terms
- The Library icon is the Interactive Tutorial Program
- The Question Mark is a searchable, indexed list of help topics
- The Book icon is a link to the User Manual
New ChemWatch features:
- Online labeling tool
- Drag and Drop document handling
- Right-click functionality
- Store SDSs in language-specific folders
- New GHS defaults in place
- E-learning tools
- Control Banding Risk Assessment
- SDS Back-up tools
- Enhanced Data Report Generation
View the ChemWatch GOLDFFX e-Learning Package video for additional instructions and a detailed description of the application.
View the ChemWatch Icon Chart (PDF) for icons found on the Mini SDSs.
SDSs from Suppliers
Contact Marjorie Markopoulos at (937) 775-2797 for help accessing and working with ChemWatch.