The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following steps you can take for your protection:
- A flu vaccine is the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Take every day actions to help prevent the spread of germs that cause respiratory illnesses.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use and alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eye, nose and mouth.
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading the flu to others.
- Seek medical care early.
Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.